NameSilo

GoDaddy registrar

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

nonenone

Established Member
Impact
0
who registers their domains at godaddy?
*godaddy is the best!!!*
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
I stopped using them a year ago.
 
0
•••
why did u stop?
 
0
•••
1) After I started buying and selling domains I realized that their transfer process was almost the worst.
2) Their control panel wasn't the best, IMHO.
3) I couldn't stand their extra ads you had to decline before you could check out.
4) I wasted to much money with their pathetic Backorders that caught me nothing decent.
5) After much research for becoming a reseller I decided that I didn't want to compete with upline. Later after I decided against WWD/GD many folks were complaining that GD was sending WWD customers renewal notices and lost business because of that. Ouch!

Hey, but to each their own. They do have good prices but I compare GoDaddy (Registrar) to AOL (ISP).
 
0
•••
anyone elses opinion of godaddy?
 
0
•••
Originally posted by acts837
1) After I started buying and selling domains I realized that their transfer process was almost the worst. . .

Yes but, besides #1-5, what do you really think of GD, Bill? ;)

I agree that the GD/WW transfer process is one of the worst in terms of time and amount of information required. In contrast, Enom pushes are virtually instantaneous.

The GoDaddy system seems to be working through some slow-down and balk time since yesterday. Some transfers are not going through at all and have to be repeated more than twice. Anyone else at NP experiencing these problems?
 
0
•••
I used GoDaddy occasionally last year. I agree with acts' #1 and #3. Their control panel isn't too great (very hard to move around) and their domain backordering is a joke.

I'm currently using NameCheap, and fine with it.
 
0
•••
:laugh: Funny Tom. I didn't even let both barrels go! Not having the ability to push between WWD and GD stinks also.

ok stick a fork in me I'm done.
 
0
•••
I have about 40 names at GoDaddy at the moment but when it starts coming up to the renewal dates I will be moving them away.

The only ones I have there are ones caught through their drop service.

I agree with everyone about the problem with transfering domains to someone else, I actually lost a $200 sale because of that :(

All the best

Richard
 
0
•••
The only ones I've got there were won on -bay or here at NP$ ...

Not real fond of their transfers - and they can be really slow to respond sometimes as well.
 
0
•••
:( but overall i dont think there that bad...
 
0
•••
Re: Godaddy

*godaddy is the best!!!*

Not bad. But not the best. If your in the buying and selling business there towards the bottom. I'll pass up good deals if they are at GD and the owner won't approve a transfer request.
 
0
•••
I have about 10 domains on Godaddy. I agree about the ads and the backordering. They do have some good deals with registering (sometimes), but now there's name.com.
 
0
•••
Originally posted by acts837
:laugh: . . .
ok stick a fork in me I'm done.

I doubt it. I think you're still cooking!

I agree on the problem of using GD for buying and selling as a regular business venture. The inability to transfer from GD to WW is also a huge drawback.

In terms of service and support, however, I have never had a problem that GD staff were not able to help me fix -- not always right away, but lightening fast in comparison to a registry like, say, Register.con!
 
0
•••
I think godaddy is good. Certainly no problems while
transferring my domains from gkg.net to 'em . I think
it was the fastest one for me ever. Maybe i was lucky .
But for me nothing ever beats godaddy
 
0
•••
Yay finally someone hu agrees with me!!
 
0
•••
I have most of my domains at go daddy. I personally have never had a problem with them but to each his own I guess.
 
0
•••
I once bought a domain that was at a WWD/GD reseller. After the owner (someone I trust) initiated the transfer, I somehow didn't get the transfer email. So now its in limbo, and neither of us can touch the domain. There's probably a solution to this, but since it was a relatively low-value domain, we just didn't have the enthusiasm to follow up with WWD for a solution. They can have the silly domain, and unless they change I'll be struck by lightning I actually register a domain with them.
 
0
•••
I've found GoDaddy to be one of the better domain registrars... from price to customer support. Enom has a great transfer process, but GoDaddy has consistently low pricing and great service.
 
0
•••
1 on 3/10who registers their domains at godaddy?
*godaddy is the best!!!*
Godaddy just sent me this warning I appreciate it but if I wait till this date these domains are gandi ,they are in grace period right now 2/expired 3/11 and 1 on 3/10 here is the warning
Godaddy systems failing again
I deleted the link it had my info but the end date was save domains by 5/17/25
 
Last edited:
0
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back