Domain Empire

.biz GoDaddy offer $3.95 .biz until 31th Dec.

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
It was $4.95, and now $3.95.
icon10.gif

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
FULFREE said:
It was $4.95, and now $3.95.
icon10.gif

I guess .BIZ registrations are on the decline. Registrars may start whoring .BIZ out like they did with .INFO.

AmCy

•••
AmCy said:
I guess .BIZ registrations are on the decline. Registrars may start whoring .BIZ out like they did with .INFO.

AmCy

Maybe. :lol:

•••
AmCy said:

I guess you may be a bit too young to realise that .COM was free for many years when it started.

•••
Forgot to mention, whenever you take up any of these Godaddy "promotions", you explicitly agree to renew for another year at whatever prices Godaddy decides. It's called bait and hook in marketing.

•••
mole said:
I guess you may be a bit too young to realise that .COM was free for many years when it started.

Wow, I don't remember that at all! .COM's for free?? Must have been back in the "free love" sixties.

AmCy

•••
mole said:
Forgot to mention, whenever you take up any of these Godaddy "promotions", you explicitly agree to renew for another year at whatever prices Godaddy decides. It's called bait and hook in marketing.

It's a marketing tactic but I wouldn't go so far as to call it a bait-n-switch scam. The price is good for a year and there is no obligation to renew in the future. You can always transfer the domain away.

AmCy

•••
AmCy said:
It's a marketing tactic but I wouldn't go so far as to call it a bait-n-switch scam. The price is good for a year and there is no obligation to renew in the future. You can always transfer the domain away.

95% of Godaddy customers are domain nerds. The other 5% may be like you :cy:

•••
mole said:
It's called bait and hook in marketing.

The typical blowdaddy way

•••
mole said:
well you can always transfer the name away.

•••
That's kind of implicit anywhere tho...

mole said:

•••
mole said:
95% of Godaddy customers are domain nerds. The other 5% may be like you :cy:

Yes: we Go Daddy nerds have some serious toys in the attic. No doubt.

AmCy

•••
dgridley said:
That's kind of implicit anywhere tho...

Good point. It's not a trick if everyone is doing it -- that's how renewal and transfers work.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back