IT.COM

GoDaddy cannot use PayPal balance to pay anymore?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

70ym

Established Member
Impact
I just want to use paypal and it ask me to add credit card.
I have thousands of USD in paypal and can not pay.
Dose I make any mistake? I have used paypal balance to pay months ago. But I can't now.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
maybe your paypal is limited?
check with paypal ...i faced it.. i didnt see any limitations in paypal but actually it was limited.
try to send 2-4 usd to your any friend if its sucess then maybe its godaddy glitch

•••
Business or personal account ? If you are a business you should get BOTH types of accounts. Let me know which you have.

•••
just glitch on godaddy side, contact their chat support

•••
just glitch on godaddy side, contact their chat support
No, this is a paypal issue. I recently closed a bank account with my Paypal Business account and now when I order domains using Netsol or NameSilo it will stop me on the Paypal side and tell me I need to add a credit card or bank.

For some reason they wont simply deny the payment if you do not have enough in your balance, they want an alternate payment method if paypal balance fails.

If I do the same order using my PP personal account which does NOT have a bank or credit card linked to it, the order will go through.

This is a recent thing, not sure why, but its real. It might be business account related or there might be more to it.

Last edited:
•••
my last paypal payment on gd was 2 days ago. no issues. nor ever before. looks like u need to call gd or pp or both to figure this out for your case as its not a global change. gl.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back