IT.COM

sales Microsoft acquired HoloLens.com ...how?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Super Software

Established Member
Impact
Excerpt from DOMAINGANG:

Along with the announcement that Windows 10 will be a free upgrade for users of Windows 7 & 8, Microsoft revealed HoloLens, a device that superimposes holograms on top of real images.

HoloLens.com, a domain registered in 2001, was parked at Sedo for several years by its previous owner.

As late as January 14th, the domain remained in the hands of Domain Dakini, all while being listed for sale on Sedowith a buy it now (BIN) price of $6,750.

Read more @ DomainGang.com:
http://domaingang.com/domain-news/microsoft-acquired-hololens-dot-com-new-product-using-middleman/

Note: This content was not created, modified or published by me, the original source has been mentioned twice and all due credits given for this breaking news. I am in no way affiliated with the publisher of this post. The publisher claims this post is real. I have not confirmed with the source. (ROFL)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I especially liked the part where MS is *not* the trademark holder of Holo-lens :D

•••
WHOIS info for this name was updated yesterday

Updated Date: 21-Jan-2015

•••
That guy will be kicking himself for setting a BIN

I have always said ,set all your domains to "Make an offer"

•••
Their system allows HoloLens.com but refused my ipad related stylus domain. Nice!

uUss0sY.jpg

Of course, I know it's some kind of security or system issue, but still.

•••
It's still there for me. Do you see it too?

•••
aewPQzZ.jpg

My conversation with the stuff at GoDaddy an hour or so ago.

•••
MS have not listed it for sale...lol

It's just sitting there listed by the old owner who hasn't removed it yet

He only sold it last month so it could be listed all over the place

•••
Gentlemen!
GoDaddy Auctions offer better deal ($1000) on HoloLens.com domainS than SEDO ($6750)

xSoBLId.jpg

•••
Try and buy it..it wont be for sale...its just old listings

•••
Oops

Last edited:
•••
on Godaddy it shows - HoloLens.com is taken - now

•••
That guy will be kicking himself for setting a BIN

I have always said ,set all your domains to "Make an offer"

Since the seller wouldn't have known that the offer was coming from Microsoft, there's no way to know if setting the domain to "make an offer" would have resulted in a higher sale. It's just as possible that he would have accepted a lower offer.

•••
Yeah but with "make an offer" at least you have more control

There were internet articles on hololens before the official launch and domain purchase so it wasn't hard to figure out

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back