Dynadot

question GoDaddy auction showing 2024?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Gpik79

Established Member
Impact
I see a domain in godaddy expired auction that is expiring april 2024?.....it dropped in closeouts and I bought it from there but still confused..since all auctions I see are renewed by only 1 year not 2

What does that mean..

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So the "expiring domain auction" had a listing that was expiring in April 2023, and you were required to extend the renewal to April 2024.

Perhaps now we have to call it the "eventually expiring domains auction?"

The bottom line is that the company's strategy worked, because you bought it.

Last edited:
•••
I see a domain in godaddy expired auction that is expiring april 2024?.....it dropped in closeouts and I bought it from there but still confused..since all auctions I see are renewed by only 1 year not 2

What does that mean..
I've been seeing this quite a bit in recent months.
I recently picked up a closeout that had an expiry date of 2025.
When it was delivered, the expiry date remained the same.
I thought this was very odd. I paid the renewal, the expiry date should have been 2026, but they didn't apply it.
I actually had to request a refund for the renewal that was paid.
I couldn't believe it.
That being said, when you see something like this and the domain is delivered, make sure you check whether or not they applied the renewal. If not, request the renewal be refunded.

•••

I thought this was very odd. I paid the renewal, the expiry date should have been 2026, but they didn't apply it.
I couldn't believe it.
That being said, when you see something like this and the domain is delivered, make sure you check whether or not they applied the renewal. If not, request the renewal be refunded.
Oh wow 😲😲😲😲😲 thanks will do that

•••
So the "expiring domain auction" had a listing that was expiring in April 2023, and you were required to extend the renewal to April 2024.

Perhaps now we have to call it the "eventually expiring domains auction?"

The bottom line is that the company's strategy worked, because you bought it.
I still wonder how it happened...guess we might never know

•••
Earlier today I saw an auction where the expiry date was 2030. But it was a public auction.

•••
Good that you stood up for yourself!
And, at least in this case it was listed in a closeout, not in an expiring domain auction.
Thanks for sharing your experience.

•••
Earlier today I saw an auction where the expiry date was 2030. But it was a public auction.
😳😳 How are they in auction...

•••
😳😳 How are they in auction...

Well this was a CVCV that sold for over $6000.

But again not an expired auction, so different terms would apply.

Last edited:
•••
Well this was a CVCV that sold for over $6000.

But again not an expired auction, so different terms would apply.
And would this closeout auction likely be a listing from the owner, not from a drop? Or is the "closeout" term used loosely across multiple marketplaces?
I saw the Domain Wire explanation of Godaddy Closeout Domain Pricing, which suggests that the expiring domains go to closeout after not being sold, and rapidly decrease from $50 downward. So, I'm curious how it would have been sold for over 6K on closeout?
Please forgive the basic nature of the question, but the different terms used by the marketplaces have always seemed curious and somewhat vague.

Last edited:
•••
And would this closeout auction likely be a listing from the owner, not from a drop? Or is the "closeout" term used loosely across multiple marketplaces?

Sorry for the confusion, but this was not a closeout auction at all. It was a Public Auction. In fact there is no closeout auction per se.

I'll leave it at that, except that "Closeout" is primarily a Godaddy classification as far as I know.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back