Dynadot

.GGEE extension

NameSilo
Watch

MariaEl

Upgraded Member
Impact
For example: registering the domain "ggee.com". Technically it is free, but nobody knows how to register it.
Hi! As an absolute beginner, I find it difficult to understand what is being discussed here, except for GGEE.com.
I saw it was available, tried registering and could not, then asked ICANN support about it, and they suggested I should contact the Registry. There (Verisign Help) I was informed that GGEE.com cannot be registered again because it is on a list included in an agreement between Icann and the Registry of names that must be reserved and not registered (except if they were to be renewed, which is not the case here since this domain was dropped early in August).

I just share this info in case it is useful for anyone, but I know that it is not the main subject of your conversation here, so please excuse me if I sort of interrupted.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi! As an absolute beginner, I find it difficult to understand what is being discussed here, except for GGEE.com.
I saw it was available, tried registering and could not, then asked ICANN support about it, and they suggested I should contact the Registry. There (Verisign Help) I was informed that GGEE.com cannot be registered again because it is on a list included in an agreement between Icann and the Registry of names that must be reserved and not registered (except if they were to be renewed, which is not the case here since this domain was dropped early in August).
Yeah, it is more than likely related to the .GGEE extension.

https://www.iana.org/domains/root/db/ggee.html

I assume it was on the block list, but grandfathered while it was registered.

When the domain expired it entered a registry reserved / block status.

Brad

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back