NameSilo

GetElementById problems...

SpaceshipSpaceship
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Rudy

Established Member
Impact
16
[Resolved] getElementById problems...

Edit: This is Fixed

Hey guys,
I've got some php/javascript that I'm trying to use to update some content on a page.

Here's my php function which in turn echoes out the javascript functions I'm working with:
Code:
function Javascript_Function_ChangeSearchByUserOwner() {
echo "<script language=\"javascript\">
  function ChangeSearchByUserOwner(selectbox) {
	   var username = selectbox.options[selectbox.selectedIndex].value;
	   document.forms[0].SearchOwnerName.value = username;
	   document.getElementById('SearchOwnerName').innerHTML = 'Submitted by: ' + username;
  }
  function ChangeOwner(selectbox) {
		   var username = selectbox.options[selectbox.selectedIndex].value;
		   document.forms[0].ownerName.value = username;
		   document.getElementById('ownerName').innerHTML = 'Submitted by: ' + username;
  }
</script>";
}

Here's the code that I'm using that I want updated:
Code:
<?PHP echo "<input type=hidden name=ownerName value='";
$ownerName = next($topdata);
echo $ownerName."'><span id=ownerName>Submitted by: ".$ownerName."</span>

// And Then later in the code....

<div style='width:300px;text-align:center'>
	<table width=100%>
	<tr>
	<td width=100%>
		<div style='float:left;width:130px;text-align:left'>
			<form name=usersearchform target=hiddenframe action=usersearch.php method=post>
		<input type=textbox size=20 name=search id=search> <input type=submit value="Search">
		 <br />
	 		<select name=userlist id=userlist size=8 width=50px> </select>
		</form>
		</div>
		<div style='float:right;width:130px;text-align:center;font-size:14px;color:white;background-color:#5577bb'>
				 <form name=holocaust>
				 <?PHP echo "<span id=SearchOwnerName>Submitted by: ".$ownerName."</span>";?>
				 </form>
		</div>
	</td>
	</tr>
	<tr>
	<td align="center">
		<input type=button value="Select User" onClick="ChangeSearchByUserOwner(document.usersearchform.userlist)"> <input type=button value="Close Window" onClick="HideDiv('usersearch')">
	</td>
	</tr>
</table>
</div>

Any ideas why the text is not being updated?

Thanks,
David

This is fixed now... I ended up using 1 function instead of two.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back