NameSilo

Frihost.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hey. i am currently looking for a good free hosting site. i have a pending request for one on Frihost.com. Has anyone ever heard or used this site? is it good? what are the pros and cons? is there a better completly free hosting site? thanks in advance for the help!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've never heard of this hosting before. But if you want to know more about it use hostsearch.com.

•••
How do you find this hoster?

•••
MutoGen said:
How do you find this hoster?

someone suggested it on a different forum site. i see that it must not be a good one. do you all know any good ones?

•••
FriHost is an excellent host. I've been using FriHost since July 2005 :D
I was using their forum quite a lot back then, and then eventually became a moderator there, I liked the host so much :)

•••
the thing about frihost, is that's a posting for hosting, and that's sometinh i don't like
on a forum as namepros that's no problem, but i've been at frihost and personaly i didn't like the forums

•••
frihost is pretty good in its hosting.

except you need to post to support your hosting

•••
Daniel15 said:
FriHost is an excellent host. I've been using FriHost since July 2005 :D
I was using their forum quite a lot back then, and then eventually became a moderator there, I liked the host so much :)
Would you show your URL, please?

•••
They are great , i ve used Frihost since last March and they are just like paid host offer a good service and support. catch is that you have to be active member of their forum but its not a big deal since you just have to post one post a day. only thing i don't like is that their control panel is DirectAdmin.

•••
Frihost is an excellent host. You do have to post to keep your account, but that's not a big problem as the community is great. Overall, it is one of the best free hosts in the net. Just check it out - www.frihost.com

•••
i am a member on frihost, have been for months.

no doubt it is one of the best free hosts.

thing i dont like about them is the down time.

there is downtime every hour at half past, which got annoying.

its easy to use DA though

•••
As Bill suggested, you can take a look at user reviews at WebHostingJury. From what I've seen, they provide decent (almost exceptional) services.

A direct link to FriHost on WebHostingJury--

http://webhostingjury.com/reviews/FriHost

Happy New Year!

•••
antic said:
Would you show your URL, please?
Oh, sorry, I completely forgot about this post :P
http://www.daniel15.com/ is my site hosted on FriHost (although the mail is done externally as FriHost unfortunately doesn't have a spam blocker)

•••
I'm using this web hosting service. I think Frihost is very good. The people on the forum are very nice, so you can easily be a part of the community.

•••
Hi. It seems that frihost have some fans here. What are disadvantages on that host?

•••
down time, once every hour due to server load

•••
manofgames said:
down time, once every hour due to server load
Eh? I thought that it was some apache restart...

Hmm. I never knew so many people from Frihost were on this forum... :P

•••
Tobias said:
Eh? I thought that it was some apache restart...

Hmm. I never knew so many people from Frihost were on this forum... :P

the apache restart is becuase of sever load, because some idiots put loads of resource heavy cron jobs on schdule.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back