Dynadot

Frequently Asked Domain Questions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Heh, not to counter RJ's topic about NameFaqs.com, I've been working on an FAQ network anyways.

www.DNfaq.info

Frequently asked domain name questions. Hopefully newcomers will find this a nice little read.

Enjoy,

-Matt

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Woah.........Thanx a lot

It is really interesting

Has lots of stuff that i need to know

Untitled

•••
Nice site as always, CompuXP. NameFAQs is in bad need of an update anyway, so I surely don't mind seeing the additional resource. :)

Hope you don't mind if I comment on a few FAQs,

"Can I make my own TLD?"

The non-refundable application fee to propse a TLD was $50k. And you'd have no shot of getting accepted without also having the financial and technical means of operating a major TLD registry. Your proposal has to outline all that to show you have the ability to run it properly. Probably need hundreds of thousands of $ at least.

"What were the first 20 domains ever registered?"

You listed only .COM names. I don't have a list of the first 20 domains, only the first 10. http://www.namefaqs.com/question/qstId/25.html

"Why should I register typo domains?"

Might be worth mentioning the legality of typo names and that it could lead to getting sued if they're misused. Almost sounds like you're endorsing/encouraging typosquatting because its so profitable with those extreme examples of good typos, which also might be misleading.

"Ever heard of the story of Mike Rowe Soft?... Microsoft sued him and won"

Did they? I don't believe that case went further than legal threats and I'm almost certain MS didn't win a court case. Check into that. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Rowe_(student)

"Can I become a registrar?"

You'll need more than just a few thousand dollars. You might be able to get through accrediation with spending less than $10,000, though you still need to demonstrate availbility of $70,000 in liquid capital.

:tu:

•••
Ah, wow, looks like I kinda messed up my info :p Thanks for letting me know! ^_^

I'm updating the site now ;)

•••
thanks for trying to xplain domains issues, ur site and text is easy to read, i speak spanish and i understood all that ur faq site says.

•••
Thanks! ^_^ It seems you have a great understanding of the English language actually, glad you like it ;)

•••
Great site.

Anywhere people can go for more information is an asset :imho:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back