Domain Empire

Freemarket not driving enough traffic

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Jidomain

Established Member
Impact
In the domain marketplace arena, freemarket.com is not very popular. Why do you think is that ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Never heard of it.
What is it?
Why are you using it to drive traffic to your website?

Last edited:
•••
It's a marketplace for websites and domains and belongs to freelancer.com.

•••
•••
Strange. Here's the site: freemarket.com/sites

•••
OK, checking it out.

Yes, it's a domain and websites marketplace.
It's not meant to drive traffic!

The spiel at the base left of the homepage states "Helping Millions Of Entrepreneurs Like You Buy and Sell Websites", but there are 63535 listings on the site. Not exactly millions of listings, but I will excuse them for being optimistic.

Search function doesn't appear to work properly, and I cannot display results by alpha-numeric. I think I would need to play around with the search and display options for a while to get a feel for how to get the best results from it.

Commissions appear to be 5%, but I have not looked into it.

From my research, Freelancer, an Australian company (who I remember signing up with many years ago), launched it in September, 2014.

So, why are you using a domain/website marketplace to drive traffic?

•••
@CraigD ,
I think @Jidomain means that there aren't enough eyes seeing the listings.. ie. marketplace is not that popular and wonders why.

•••
@CraigD ,
I think @Jidomain means that there aren't enough eyes seeing the listings.. ie. marketplace is not that popular and wonders why.

Ahhh, the penny drops!

@Jidomain

You are advertising in the wrong place.

List your domain HERE on Namepros, Sedo, Afternic, and the many other domain marketplaces mentioned on this forum. If you have a Godaddy Auctions account, they are also one of the best.

I am from Australia, and have never heard of Freemarket.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back