Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Free Text Editor wanted that...

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Hi,

Freebie Experts,

Does anyone of you know of a free text editor (Windows based) software that lets one sort words/lines by length? Potentially for 100,000+ lines/words. Or does anyone have a Macro for Word for me that does the trick? I downloaded 'NotePad SX' that allows for sorting like that, but it can't handle the huge TXT files I am trying to import/open.

Thanks in advance,
Rob
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
No-one, er?



.
 
0
•••
Try EditPlus, it may cope up with your demand.
 
0
•••
dhiren said:
Try EditPlus, it may cope up with your demand.
OK I will try it. :zzz:
Okie dokie
-Jeff B-)
 
0
•••
dhiren said:
Try EditPlus, it may cope up with your demand.
Thanks,
But as far as I can tell, it doesn't sort by line/word length, only alphabetically, like the other text editing software I have or came across.
Also, it's not freeware, but shareware.
 
0
•••
Prosperous said:
dhiren said:
Try EditPlus, it may cope up with your demand.
Thanks,
But as far as I can tell, it doesn't sort by line/word length, only alphabetically, like the other text editing software I have or came across.
Also, it's not freeware, but shareware.
No preference. That seems a bit negative. :hehe:
-Jeff B-)
 
0
•••
OK, now that RapidJeff has been retired, let's try again....

Does anyone of you know of a free text editor (Windows based) software that lets one sort words/lines by length? Or maybe a website that let's you do this via a script?
Potentially for 100,000+ lines/words! Or, does anyone have a Macro for Word for me that does the trick? I downloaded 'NotePad SX' that allows for sorting like that, but it can't handle the huge TXT files I am trying to import/open.

Thanks in advance,
Rob
 
0
•••
Sounds like you need a decent database progam rather than a text editor. A database program can do this easily. The one I use is a couple hundred bucks... but you may be able to find a decent freeware app with a google search...

Gene
 
0
•••
Hey, thanks for the heads-up. I'll look into it. :)

Best,
Rob

(p.s. More suggestions/ideas still welcome of course, folks!)
 
0
•••
I use context it is my text editor of choice. http://www.context.cx/ as always if ya like it you can toss a little NP$ my way...lol
 
0
•••
slipondajimmy said:
I use context it is my text editor of choice. http://www.context.cx/ as always if ya like it you can toss a little NP$ my way...lol
Looks like a cool program, quite different from a regular text editor, though.
I installed it, and I'd be happy to send you some NP$ if you can tell me how exactly (as in a mini tutorial) I can use it to sort the lists of words I am importing by length, because that is all I need/asked for and I can't find it in the program's functions or help file or their help forum. :) Please let me know!

Much appreciated,
Rob
 
Last edited:
0
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back