I agree. Only thing i am wondering about since this is created with small business owners in mind i don't think the regular site owners are eligable for this program.
I'm very curious how the designing part goes. I'm not that of a coder and am currently stagnated in some of my ideas and projects because of my lack of knowledge in this appartment.
Otherwise numerous .eu domains in my portfolio would already have been developed.
you get a fee domain name (com, net, org) which you can transfer to any registrar after 60 days
free hosting (30 megs)
free webdesine tools
CONS
* even though you won't be charged, you have to put your credit card info with microsoft (to prevent phishing scams)
* the site design tools are basic (you can't seem to put your own code from what i can see
Overall, it is free, so your best bet is to put a pagerank domain with outgoing links to take advantage of the free hosting