IT.COM

Facebook reaches 1 billion users

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Facebook crosses billion threshold, on quest for growth

NEW YORK/SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Facebook Inc passed the 1 billion user mark in September, a level of global penetration that is a remarkable achievement for an 8-year-old social network and a heightened challenge to its quest for sustained growth.

read more

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
At least 20% of accounts are fake! maybe even 30%.

•••
At least 20% of accounts are fake! maybe even 30%.

You raise a good point here. There are fake accounts and dual accounts on Facebook.

One billion accounts is still a huge milestone.

•••
Im bunt out on facebook, especially after the whole crappy timeline upgrade bs.

•••
Yeah, I hated that "upgrade". So many interfaces that I loved are changing to this new and "improved" garbage.

•••
Real Facebook users might be more than 0.5 billion. If Facebook starts confirming the account by a valid phone number then I guess the figures will surely come down.

•••
Real Facebook users might be more than 0.5 billion. If Facebook starts confirming the account by a valid phone number then I guess the figures will surely come down.

how hard is today to get several mobile numbers? This kind of confirmation will only slow down fake accounts and that's all.
I closed my account too, there were ppl who I know that were talking Facebook too seriously. So I thought better stay away from unreal "life"

•••
Several people are complaining about the new timeline in Facebook but they still visit their account. I think visiting Facebook is a hard habit to die.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back