Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 1, 2026.

Eyeblasters--- those cool floating ads

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

food_consult

Established Member
Impact
5
I am looking for tutorials on How to make Eyeblasters... you know those cool floating ads B-)
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
0
•••
Awsome!!!

Is there anyway to make it traverse across the screen or to ad movement to it??

(here is what I made Link )
 
0
•••
Hmmm .... You probably could -

I'd say the easiest thing to do is use a Transparent image (So as to not cover any content by accident) - and try using a small flash or gif file .... If the flash will work (haven't tested it myself yet) - Your options could be endless - lots of neat toys and tricks to make it "Slide In" or "Screech to a Halt" in Flash ~

Isn't Java Grand sometimes ? :)
 
0
•••
Java Madness!! I am gonna make a cool little flash file and see if I can use it ....
 
0
•••
Those are the most annoying ads. Just make a normal pop-up window so at least my browser will disable it. :)
 
0
•••
0
•••
Pretty Cool ~ It's a shame you couldn't find a decent looking chick to put on that Ad ... :guilty: - NOT - Now what was that Ad about again ? :lol:
 
0
•••
Just FYI, it doesn't work in FireFox (1.0.2) - but we've used that type of coding to anchor Google AdSense blocks on a few client sites. If done smoothly, it doesn't seem to annoy visitors. For example, we have an AdSense skyscraper on the far right that tracks with the user as they scroll down....

It's less annoying when it's anchored to the top of the page, as opposed to the bottom (more jumpy, especially with smaller content blocks inside...

Rob
 
0
•••
yah, I noticed it only works in IE and Netscape... Baby steps, give me a few days and I will have a super ad :lol:

As for the Ad Sense, is google cool with that because I would rather have floading ad sense in that case???
 
0
•••
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back