NameSilo

domain ExpensiveMetals.com & MostExpensiveMetal.com

SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyTsolakis

Established Member
Impact
55
Expensive Metals.com

MostExpensiveMetal.com
 
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Expensivemetals.com some say its worth a lot some say its worth nothing, I am in the process of contacting preciousmetals.com to see what they think. any advice on what I should say ?

Tell them you have "noticed" the domain you own is very similar to the one they own. Explain them that you are willing to negotiate the domain to them so it can redirect possible clients to their site. Make a research about the phrase as a key word search and the results on google an other search engines. Do not request a price, let them to offer one. Say you are glad to sell the domain to them if you get a fair offer.
Last but no least, do not forget to explain briefly the advantages for them at owning the domain, if you do not awake on them the need for the domain they will not care. Good luck.
 
0
•••
thanks for the advice !
 
0
•••
I am in the process of contacting preciousmetals.com to see what they think. any advice on what I should say ?

Say as little as possible, just see if they're interested in even opening up a dialog about it. Don't state a price in your first email.


BUT asking 'da bomb" (aka Best Domain on planet) is a futile endeavor in my opinion.

Also remember "expensive" is a bad word to those peddling marked up gold to those thinking the worst of the financial crises is not yet behind us. Be prepared for endusers thinking its a toxic name to them.

Also be prepared for "Whats the traffic?" If it had any you would keep it yourself lol
 
1
•••
The thing is, you can't say a precious metal is expensive really.

Currency was initially backed by precious metals. Look at the role silver played in the ancient world as a currency. Gold, Platinum, Rhodium, etc., have value not only because is it rare, but also because it has so many uses for various industries. These metals are something that the current, and future world will always desire.

It makes much more sense to say that a Dollar or Euro is expensive, when compared to precious metals. The dollar value is not the issue, it's what truly holds value.

It's precious, not expensive.

The term "Expensive" makes me think that I am about to pay dearly for the metal. Not really inviting for someone who wants to invest in a precious metal. Is Gold expensive at this point in time? Plenty would say it's actually cheap. Expensive is relative. Gold prices may decline further-there's no evidence suggesting that the worst is over as yet.
 
1
•••
:talk:

why give advice to yet another spammer, on what to say or not to say, in their solicitation?
 
0
•••
:talk:

why give advice to yet another spammer, on what to say or not to say, in their solicitation?

Really man ? really ? a spammer ? I find it offensive and very immature of you IMO, I have not commented on any of your threads with any negativity, so why say anything negative to me ? Calling someone a spammer on here you might as well curse me or would you be scared of getting banned for that ?? I am still new to domaining so I would like positive feedback not negative, im sensing some hatred so please take it elsewhere Biggie, if your calling me a spammer and don't know me that really offends and angers me, so please don't comment on any of my threads with your bogus negative comments again, thanks. I would consider YOU a spammer if anything for making such statements without any evidence of me being an actual spammer...smh
 
1
•••
Spam is bad-okay--you shouldn't do that-okay, its bad--- okay...
We'll sorry had to Mr. Mackey you.
Anyways it seems this thread has inspired others to buy similar domains.
I congratulate you.
You win.
 
0
•••
Who says expensive metal ?
I'm sorry, I don't see anything special in this domain :tri:

I am in the process of contacting preciousmetals.com to see what they think. any advice on what I should say ?
What makes you think they will be interested since they own a superior domain ? You would be wasting your time and theirs.
Some domainers are flooding end users with nonsense spam for crap domains that nobody wants.
That's why Biggie is hinting at domain spammers.
Yes, I think it is a form of spam. It's not like you are offering gold.com or some premium domain that would thrust their business above the competition. Most probably, nobody needs that domain hence it was available for $10.
 
3
•••
Really man ? really ? a spammer ? I find it offensive and very immature of you IMO, I have not commented on any of your threads with any negativity, so why say anything negative to me ? Calling someone a spammer on here you might as well curse me or would you be scared of getting banned for that ?? I am still new to domaining so I would like positive feedback not negative, im sensing some hatred so please take it elsewhere Biggie, if your calling me a spammer and don't know me that really offends and angers me, so please don't comment on any of my threads with your bogus negative comments again, thanks. I would consider YOU a spammer if anything for making such statements without any evidence of me being an actual spammer...smh

:talk:
Hey Texx

if you took it personal, sorry,

next time, maybe keep who you're gonna send emails to, to yourself...then it will be between just you and who you contact.


but maybe how Kate said it below will make you feel better

Who says expensive metal ?
I'm sorry, I don't see anything special in this domain :tri:


What makes you think they will be interested since they own a superior domain ? You would be wasting your time and theirs.
Some domainers are flooding end users with nonsense spam for crap domains that nobody wants.
That's why Biggie is hinting at domain spammers.
Yes, I think it is a form of spam. It's not like you are offering gold.com or some premium domain that would thrust their business above the competition. Most probably, nobody needs that domain hence it was available for $10.

:talk:

Appreciate your softness as I can only call it like I see it.


imo...
 
Last edited:
2
•••
Who says expensive metal ?
I'm sorry, I don't see anything special in this domain.
Exactly. It just doesn't sound right and isn't in common use (that's not to say it isn't used, but when it is it isn't always used in the same way as precious metals).

Will this domain sell? Yes, but not for $xx,xxx, unless it's someone who is blinded by greed and $$$$ to think the purchase through properly.

Maybe low $xxx at the most.
 
0
•••
having the word "expensive" can be potentially damaging to any project or business but it can also be valuable depending on the project or business. It can be used as an information site describing "expensive metals". I would personally be quick to get a refund for the domains instead of trying to sit on them to make a profit or would recommend just playing around with it and turn it into a information site for precious metals or rare military service metals.

My appraisal: $0.00

Updated Date: 2013-10-31 17:53:29
Creation Date: 2013-10-31 17:53:29
Registrar Expiration Date: 2014-10-31 17:53:29

Hope this helps.

You look as you are right somehow, did you all guys know that two of the most searched words on the net "sex" and "porn" are nothing when the word expensive comes in front.
Expensivesex.com and expensiveporn.com are all available in all the extensions. Mmmmm perhaps here ends the legend of expensivemetal.com
 
0
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back