IT.COM

advice Estimated value

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Hi im wolf

Established Member
Impact
Hello everyone, new member here, got into domain names in the past few days and trying to get involved in this community!
I was wondering if there's a certain estimated value point past which a certain domain name becomes valuable.
Which ones should I keep or discard?
Right now I'm keeping every domain name I'm finding out from the $800 to $2400 range (highest value I've found so far), registering only a bunch of the highest ones.
(I'm using the free domain name appraisal from godaddy).
Let me know what you all think, any advice is much appreciated on the topic!
Thanks for your time.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Regarding your domain names
Well at least they are short, thats always a plus when your looking to contrive 'Brandable' domains. The problem is these type of domains can be made-up all day long. They are nonspecific nothings. None are eye-catching or market focused. Sure there are millions of similar domains registered but 99.9% of them are also going nowhere. Domains are a 'Best-Odds' Bet. Gambling on 1000 to 1 shots is not going to see you make any money.
Unless you have a background in marketing your probably best focusing on areas that you either have a passion for at least some background experience in. Then ask yourself, do you have a good understanding of how this area/subject is taken to market. What works for this market segment today and in the past ?

•••
a good starting point is GD domain valued at over 2k. anything less then it means someone already thought about it

•••
a good starting point is GD domain valued at over 2k. anything less then it means someone already thought about it
Well luxurysip.com is valued at $2417 by GD.

•••
Regarding your domain names
Well at least they are short, thats always a plus when your looking to contrive 'Brandable' domains. The problem is these type of domains can be made-up all day long. They are nonspecific nothings. None are eye-catching or market focused. Sure there are millions of similar domains registered but 99.9% of them are also going nowhere. Domains are a 'Best-Odds' Bet. Gambling on 1000 to 1 shots is not going to see you make any money.
Unless you have a background in marketing your probably best focusing on areas that you either have a passion for at least some background experience in. Then ask yourself, do you have a good understanding of how this area/subject is taken to market. What works for this market segment today and in the past ?
I get your point, learning how to attract people to a certain market is key to understand what works best.
A quick question, am I just wasting time trying to find a non-registered domain name because all the good ones are already taken?
Should I rather focus on spending a few hundreds on something that makes sense and stick with it till another person thinks it has some potential and buys it?

•••
I get your point, learning how to attract people to a certain market is key to understand what works best.
A quick question, am I just wasting time trying to find a non-registered domain name because all the good ones are already taken?
Should I rather focus on spending a few hundreds on something that makes sense and stick with it till another person thinks it has some potential and buys it?
Hi, my personal opinion, Is your not wasting your time if you have an understanding of a 'Specific' markets direction/ it's growth and spin-offs. Of course the days of finding recognised gems is long gone. Developing markets are probably the best newcomer area to explore. There's nothing wrong with jumping on a bandwagon providing you recognised it at an early stage - long before all the best domains are taken.. (staying clear of trademarks)..
Gambling on your own intuition, can mean simple product/service ideas that haven't yet reached their full market potential. Obviously you then have to have the skill (marketing) to recognise that short 'Impact statement' that makes a winning domain.

Last edited:
•••
•••
LAYBIO is a nice 6 letter one. You can hold it for a while and maybe the herbal products company may want to shorten their domain. Or it may have been available to reg and they just didn't want the shorter domain.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back