IT.COM

Estibot Is No More Free (Guest Mode Removed)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
When I opened estibot today, and typed my domain, a pop-up appeared, giving me three options each of which leads to registration/login.

Since they already removed free registration years ago, and now registration is compulsory, it means Estibot is no more free.

(I am strongly hoping to be proved wrong by someone who shows a workaround.)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
imo, the Godaddy Value Tool is better and gives some relevant reasons for its valuation, and is free.

•••
Estibot, being a bot, doesn't have access to the information inside your own head. .

lol @stub

though the bot doesn't have access to information inside your head....
it has become, a "decision maker", inside the minds of many.

additionally, if bot is "listening" to what you query, then bot will "learn", what you'z look for most.

so, maybe soon, bot will have access.
cept you'll pay a lil more, to supply that information to it.

:)

imo...

•••
imo, the Godaddy Value Tool is better and gives some relevant reasons for its valuation, and is free.

expect that "free" to change too ....after enough fishies get hooked on it

or after it "learns" what the bot got on you, and how to take some of thiz-zat market.

imo...

•••
•••
It's not free :xf.frown:

I had signed up for free yesterday or day before, but forgot password. Asked for a reset but never got it.

Did get an estimate of a name by email that I did for free. Never really used it anyways

•••
•••
lol @stub

though the bot doesn't have access to information inside your head....
it has become, a "decision maker", inside the minds of many.

additionally, if bot is "listening" to what you query, then bot will "learn", what you'z look for most.

so, maybe soon, bot will have access.
cept you'll pay a lil more, to supply that information to it.

imo...

I agree with the decision maker in the minds of many. Anybody who uses Estibot for making decisions without processing the reasons for a particular valuation, deserve whatever they get out it. It's stupid to just blindly trust any valuation tool. You need to process the results to make a better valuation. You can do this by focusing on the weaknesses. GoDaddy's tool is the same. It sucks at valuations just as much as Estibot does. I don't really use GoDaddy's tool very much though. 1 inaccurate tool is enough to try to understand all it's foibles :)

Estibot vs GoDaddy vs Others is a waste of mindspace. They should all be considered inaccurate. Use the one you can understand most to make your own valuations.

Last edited:
•••
The problem with Estibot is that it's a backwards looking tool. Looking at past performance. And so if you get a $0 valuation, you have to understand why that valuation is zero. Oftentimes this is because the domain is newly registered. I'm not saying this was the case in your example. But oftentimes that could be the reason.

Also the comparable sales data, is often wacky and irrelevant. This is because, there is not enough data for the domain you are trying to evaluate.

I think we all have to understand how difficult it is to get an "accurate" valuation. It's impossible. Largely because the buyer behavior on 1 domain, might not be exactly the same on a similar domain. As long as you interpret the valuations understanding an imponderable number of variables. You should be OK.

I think, like every other valuation tool, Estibot has it's quirks. No tool is a panacea for providing accurate valuations. It's impossible. But if you use your own thoughts on top of the backbone provided by Estibot, I think you can get to the $1-2k valuations, just fine.

Lighten up and use some of your own research of why you bought those domains in the first place. Estibot, being a bot, doesn't have access to the information inside your own head. Which is adding the forward looking element, which a bot doesn't have access too.

It's also possible that 99% of those $0 valuations are actually accurate. So it isn't really possible to state positively, that Estibot's valuations are useless, based on a sample of 2.

I think Estibot is much maligned, but still a useful tool. If you understand it's shortcomings and modify it's valuations with your own forward looking research. I will continue to use it.
I agree with this opinion...

•••
•••
Tool for kids...

It shows me $xxx values for the domains where I received up to $10K offers from the incoming buyers...

•••
p.s. Even Sedo tool is significantly more realistic.

•••
p.s. Even Sedo tool is significantly more realistic.

$99 per appraisal is probably too much for people who are looking for a free and accurate appraisal.

•••
•••
$99 per appraisal is probably too much for people who are looking for a free and accurate appraisal.
I'm talking about FREE Sedo tool... it shows values when adding the domains into account...

•••
I'm talking about FREE Sedo tool... it shows values when adding the domains into account...

Oh. I completely forgot about that one. I usually fly straight by that in my keenness to get the domain listed :(

•••

It was unavailable for 2 of the 3 domains I tried. Which at least Estibot valued all 3 :(

•••
It can be restarted later in Sedo panel...
Change your view >>> Price Suggestion
Then check the necessary domains and via Toolbar: Set Prices >>> Get free price suggestions.

Last edited:
•••
•••
It was unavailable for 2 of the 3 domains I tried. Which at least Estibot valued all 3 :(
The function lags a lot lately; just hit "Back to the Step 1" and try again, and again, finally they'll give you numbers.

•••
I don't like estibot
The problem here is that when
It's signed up for free, I just entered my email. Did only get 2 appraisals. See what kind of spam offers i get now. Godaddy appraisal I like more anyway
I tried several times and only get paid plans page when I click on register.
I need a free estibot account, not for appraisals, but for some other tools too.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back