Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

slader23

Always On The Bleeding Edge.Top Member
Impact
EquityIncomeFund.com

Specifically targeted to financial industry.

http://www.investinganswers.com/financial-dictionary/income-dividends/equity-income-fund-2919

No real search metrics but I believe it has good value to any company selling financial instruments/managing portfolios. Could be a decent redirect, or useful to a single fund looking for a generic name. It is also my first 3 word domain, I tend to keep away from 3w in general but this stood out to me as something useful.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'd just like to point out the metrics of two Autonomous Domain Valuators that I use for the technical 'numbers'.

estibot

Value: $650

Average Monthly Search Stats - Broad Match - equity income fund

Monthly Searches: 14,883
Cost Per Click: $8.38 USD
Ad Competition: low
Data Age: Recent

Average Monthly Search Stats - Exact Match - [equity income fund]
Monthly Searches: 1,082
Cost Per Click: $8.38 USD

Average Monthly Search Stats - Broad Match - equity income fund
Monthly Searches: 22,263
Cost Per Click: $6.58 USD

Average Monthly Search Stats - Exact Match - [equity income fund]

Monthly Searches: 319
Cost Per Click: $11.04 USD
Ad Competition: high

Nokta

Estimated Price: $ 6,668

ie; "I Learn Mr Fawlty, I Learn" = WTF?

Regards.confused

•••
Pretty sure neither is accurate given the circumstance of the name. It's going to be a hard sell regardless since the finance community don't really do face to face domain sales. The name itself is a well regarded financial instrument and is an active aspect of almost every medium-large financial institution/fund/mutual fund strategy.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=cr&ei=_4_bV9ekHIeqeN6oqGg#q=equity+income+fund&start=0

Its stated literally on almost every page for different banks/hedge funds/mutual funds/credit unions etc. Which explains why the cpc is high.

Last edited:
•••
It will be really hard if not impossible to sell, because it offers no branding value to a business.

•••
It will be really hard if not impossible to sell, because it offers no branding value to a business.

equityfund.com 30,000 USD 2007-07-10 T.R.A.F.F.I.C.
incomefund.com 20,000 USD 2007-07-10 T.R.A.F.F.I.C.
investorfund.com 15,000 USD 2009-06-10 winnernames

I would argue these names are just as generic as mine. Income fund has fairly similar search metrics and cpc as well. I don't think already established financial services companies are looking for branding value. There looking for redirects or to be the brand affiliated with a generic name. BNP Paribas owns prime brokerage.com for example as a redirect to their website. Owning the generic name is much more efficient than owning the long form name associated with a brand, PrimeBrokerage.com is better then BNPParibasPrimeBrokerage.com.

Proof:
http://www.hosterstats.com/historicaldns.php?domain=primebrokerage.com

Last edited:
•••
Hey, I hope you do well, and I used to be big on generic domains, but not now. Look at the dates of those sales you quote, they are from the "early days" where businesses were rushing to grab generic domains because that was the fashion.

Times have moved on.

Also, all those sales are shorter names where a massive marketing budget could potentially be used to "brand" it.

If I was a business owner, I wouldn't want to use EquityIncomeFund.com because it's totally generic and I can't get remembered.

That said, I hope you can make a nice sale, but I don't see it as that easy.

•••
I'd just like to point out the metrics of two Autonomous Domain Valuators that I use for the technical 'numbers'.

estibot

Value: $650

Nokta

Estimated Price: $ 6,668

Wonder why estibot and Nokta are so far apart?

•••
David, with every comparison I've tried. Clearly, it has to do with the value assigned to various variables (metrics). It is downright confusing and annoying especially considering that many people would accept these numbers as Gospel. I'm really starting to take Frank Schwartz' opinion seriously that, the whole concept of Domain Name 'Appraisal' is ridiculous.

Regards.matt

•••
Hey, I hope you do well, and I used to be big on generic domains, but not now. Look at the dates of those sales you quote, they are from the "early days" where businesses were rushing to grab generic domains because that was the fashion.

Times have moved on.

Also, all those sales are shorter names where a massive marketing budget could potentially be used to "brand" it.

If I was a business owner, I wouldn't want to use EquityIncomeFund.com because it's totally generic and I can't get remembered.

That said, I hope you can make a nice sale, but I don't see it as that easy.

Thanks! Three word finance domains are a tough sell for sure and I indicated that earlier on in my replies.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back