Domain Empire

Dumbest response in a WIPO case?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Dumbest response in a WIPO case?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • yes

votes
    60.0%
  • no

votes
    40.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
For all I know this guy could be a member here, but I seriously think this is the dumbest response I've seen in a WIPO case and wanted to post it so others could learn what NOT to say...

http://www.wipo.int/amc/en/domains/decisions/html/2006/d2006-1185.html

Suffice it to say, the guy lost, but if you want a good laugh, just read his response under Parties' Contentions...

“In May 2006 I saw news stories about a new cancer medication called Tykerb. I decided I would put up a website about this drug and I looked for a domain that might help my site place well in search engines for queries about the drug. I found <tykerb.org> was unregistered, so I registered it.”

"My plan was to operate the site as an informational site and make money from advertisements, just as a newspaper provides information and makes money from advertisements.”

“I am NOT a domain squatter in the sense that I buy or sell domains or that I try to register domains with the intention of selling them to someone else.”

So.. Its not alright to buy and sell domains, that makes you a squatter... But seeing an article about an upcoming product, registering the domain and creating a website with the sole intent to make money from advertising is completely fine? Haha

Wow, this guy really needs to read these forums...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Don't you remember the case about the cat from outer space ? :hehe:

•••
well of course, but thats not dumb. I dont think the guy had any real intent on keeping it, so he probably figured he'd just mess with them :) This guy on the otherhand, the seriously trying to defend himself...

•••
•••
Hah thanks for the link :) Very entertaining.

•••
and to think people like this usually end up governement employees :D

•••
A case of someone being TOO honest and not realizing his good intentions were really illegal.

•••
MikeRoweSoft.com is classic

•••
I guess I will have to change my dog's name from "Dog Chapman" to "DC"

•••
I'm sure when Dr. Berryhill sees this, he has at least one handy. :D

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back