Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

LordMomo

Established Member
Impact
One of my more random buys:
dSerts.com i.e. Desserts. I thought it would appeal to a dessert or cooking startup or recipe site.
Honest opinion, is it worth keeping?

Thanks in advance
Momo

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
In my opinion.
No.
not many people buying deserts right now :)

•••
@yesterday
Thanks for the response.
Dessert: food
Desert: sandy place :-P

Unless what you saying is that d/Serts sounds more like deserts...but I suppose a good logo will clarify any confusion

Last edited:
•••
it is what I was saying :-P ;)

I think as domains go it is a couple of stages away from the meaning - one stage is it's an odd abbreviation, the second stage is that it's confusing with those sandy places not being very edible.

You mentioned that a good logo would stand it apart, as would the content almost immediately, but so would both of those make XtDVfDYummyYumz.biz look like a food domain.

But as we're not judging abilities on creating something out of nothing, and just judging the domain, it doesn't look good for me.

As a brand domain - what might you be branding? Gluten free, sugar free, popular desserts, whatever, whatever - the brand isn't strong enough to add any value to that. Also when I want to go to your site the next time and type in something like DSserts.com and then Dssrts.com and any other variation I will have wasted my time and start to hate you. :)

Anyway, it's just my opinion and different opinions in domains are what makes it so interesting IMO.

Good luck with it if you do go down that route.

--yesterday--

•••
Thanks again @yesterday. I take all your points. I don't usually buy misspellings. Not sure what got into me that day :xf.rolleyes:
I still feel it could be brandable. But the misspelling is possibly a major problem.
Any other appraisals?

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back