Domain Empire

Drop-catching: Your way

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
Hello everyone,

I am working with a partner to develop a new drop-catcher. I am interested in discussing the project and listening to your suggestions.

1. How much should a backorder cost?
  2. How long should an auction run (3, 5 or 7-days)?
  3. What is your preferred payment method (Paypal or...)?
  4. What are the most important features you need?
I will also need some beta testers in he coming month.

If you're interested in the service and would like to be part of the development process, please answer the question above and let me know that you're interested.

Please keep all comments, suggestions and beta requests in thread.

Thanks,
Shane

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sounds reasonable to me...

This can be manipulated (for instance, LLL.com auction, Bidder1 -> $100 , Bidder7 ->$30k , Bidder7 vanishes, Bidder1 gets domain for real cheap). The runner up should pay , say, at least 70% of the winning bid for the auction to stand.
Why would anyone bid from $100 to directly $30000 really?!!
But this scenario should be looked into.

•••
Ah, in that case it makes sense. So it's like proxy bidding !?

•••

Obviously Bidder1 & Bidder7 are partners in crime :xf.grin:

•••

Heh. It's weird but it does happen. :)

•••
Ah, in that case it makes sense. So it's like proxy bidding !?

Exactly. I'd say that's pretty standard. I doubt anyone would complain about that. Or am I wrong?

•••
make sence, not allowing anybody to make higher increment in one bid. I would suggest the minimal increment to be 1% of current highest bid (rounded of course to whole numbers)

Of course with proxi bidding enabled.

•••
unless you are going to have a minimum of 15 registrars, i wouldn't even bother.

•••
make sence, not allowing anybody to make higher increment in one bid. I would suggest the minimal increment to be 1% of current highest bid (rounded of course to whole numbers)

Of course with proxi bidding enabled.

That's an interesting thought. Why do you say that?

•••
unless you are going to have a minimum of 15 registrars, i wouldn't even bother.

I have that handled but thanks for the comment.

•••
I was trying to reply for this case when somebody would bid $100 and then other (friend) to put $30.000 ending the auction, then not paying and the second bidder would buy for 100 valuable domain. If the next bid would be allowed to be only minimal increment this would not happen. Of course you don't want to go one bid at the time but in reality it would be minimal increment over the highest maximum bid registered (backup bid) at the same time. Just thought process.

•••
I was trying to reply for this case when somebody would bid $100 and then other (friend) to put $30.000 ending the auction, then not paying and the second bidder would buy for 100 valuable domain. If the next bid would be allowed to be only minimal increment this would not happen. Of course you don't want to go one bid at the time but in reality it would be minimal increment over the highest maximum bid registered at the same time. Just thought process.

That does make sense. I appreciate you bringing it to my attention. :)

•••
Hey,

i think the domain industry is already full of scam and shady tactics so bringing order to at least some parts is very important to me. More Quality competition on Dropcatching field is one of the things that can make huge difference. I fell that there are lot of domainers which are tired of being pressed by big players. So I am up to helping with any attempt which might change that. Keep me informed and do not hesitate to contact me with questions.

•••
Hey,

i think the domain industry is already full of scam and shady tactics so bringing order to at least some parts is very important to me. More Quality competition on Dropcatching field is one of the things that can make huge difference. I fell that there are lot of domainers which are tired of being pressed by big players. So I am up to helping with any attempt which might change that. Keep me informed and do not hesitate to contact me with questions.

I really appreciate it!

•••
Hello everyone,

I am working with a partner to develop a new drop-catcher. I am interested in discussing the project and listening to your suggestions.

1. How much should a backorder cost?
  2. How long should an auction run (3, 5 or 7-days)?
  3. What is your preferred payment method (Paypal or...)?
  4. What are the most important features you need?
I will also need some beta testers in he coming month.

If you're interested in the service and would like to be part of the development process, please answer the question above and let me know that you're interested.

Please keep all comments, suggestions and beta requests in thread.

Thanks,
Shane

1. In my opinion $69 is way too much for a backorder. Even though everyone is willing to pay this, IMO it should be max $49.
2. An auction should run for 3 days. Once the domain enters the auction, I'm ready to pick it up ASAP. I don't want to wait around for a year.
3. My preferred payment method is Paypal.
4. Legitimate auctions. No shill bidders. No reserves.

•••
1. In my opinion $69 is way too much for a backorder. Even though everyone is willing to pay this, IMO it should be max $49.
2. An auction should run for 3 days. Once the domain enters the auction, I'm ready to pick it up ASAP. I don't want to wait around for a year.
3. My preferred payment method is Paypal.
4. Legitimate auctions. No shill bidders. No reserves.

I completely agree. How does $30 sound? More than reasonable?

•••
•••
•••
A simple interface with the ability to "Watch" domains with an email sent when it is approaching its last 24/hrs or 1/hr would be great. $30 - $45 would be a nice price range I think, somewhere between the current catchers. :D

•••
If you need more betas, I'm game!

Thanks!

•••
•••
A simple interface with the ability to "Watch" domains with an email sent when it is approaching its last 24/hrs or 1/hr would be great. $30 - $45 would be a nice price range I think, somewhere between the current catchers. :D

We have it setup for 24-hours and 2-hours. I hate when a message doesn't make it to me until AFTER the auction ends. :(

•••
•••
backorder for $15-$20, no auctions, first come first served!

p.s. Shane, you look like Ali Zandi =]

•••
backorder for $15-$20, no auctions, first come first served!

p.s. Shane, you look like Ali Zandi =]

RU, that's racist. :P

And I think you might be a tad bit confused. We are talking about backordering not hand registering names. ;) lol

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back