Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

sarahsdomains

MemberTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Today? $0.
If self driving cars ever enter service it might have some value, maybe $200-$1000? But this may be in 10-20 years, so 10-20 years of renewals. And then you still have huge competition, because any reasonable customer will inquire about driverlesscar.com, autonomouscar.com, roboticcar.com, selfdrivingcar.com, maybe even driverless.net and driverlesscar.net and many more are better than your 4-word .com.

•••
Today? $0.
If self driving cars ever enter service it might have some value, maybe $200-$1000? But this may be in 10-20 years, so 10-20 years of renewals. And then you still have huge competition, because any reasonable customer will inquire about driverlesscar.com, autonomouscar.com, roboticcar.com, selfdrivingcar.com, maybe even driverless.net and driverlesscar.net and many more are better than your 4-word .com.

Thanks ;) lol

Your a funny guy. Anyway, not sure if you have heard ot not but driverless cars are already out and being trialled. It's crazy I know. I was shocked too. Ive already had offers of $300 -$400 so far, and what you are saying is if I wait 10 years I might get $1000 (taking into consideration the inflation rates and depreciation of currency rates) if and when the driverless cars come out? Lol

Anyone with any real analysis and appraisal please.

Even if it's less than a dollar in your view but please please please by someone who knows driverless cars are already out.

•••
I know they are out and being trialled, but still far from ready. They still have problems recognizing anything that is unusual like emergency vehicles, snowfall, any sort of weird weather, smoke, wildlife. Drunk pedestrians + rain? Kangaroos + fog? Emergency vehicles + snowfall + road renovations? All these scenarios cause self driving cars to just stop.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-pedestrians-will-defeat-autonomous-vehicles/

Even if the car manufacturers claim they are ready, there are still endless legalities to be dealt with and we will be lucky if they are completed in 2030.
Who is at fault if self driving car kills a pedestrian?
Should you have a driver's license do drive an autonomous car?
Can you drink alcohol and drive self-driving car?
What should the car do if the options are hitting a pedestrian or hitting a concrete wall?

•••
Just watched this Domain Sherpa show last night. There's some great insight on driverless car names:

https://www.domainsherpa.com/review-20170807/

Admittedly I'm skeptical about the technology and how mainstream it will become, primarily for the reasons outlined above, and because I'm a firm believer that people like control (and enjoy driving) too much to give it all over to an automated car. Maybe one day, if they become perfected, governments will mandate their use to keep the roads safer, but I think that's a long time from now.

As far as the name goes, I'm not a huge fan, just because it isn't terribly intuitive... It's not an EMD. Does that make it a brand name? Why a city car? On top of that, the longer your name, the more you introduce the possibility of people finding similar (and better?) options, not the least of which are the few dozen owned by the domainer from that Domain Sherpa show.

$400 is a great offer for the name. I would absolutely take it and cash in on the hype. But if you firmly believe in the technology, and in the value of the name, then hold long-term and see if it will turn into a four figure offer.

•••
Driverless city car? What is it exactly??
300$? Take it and run!!

•••
Not sure what you guys call cars made for the cosmopolitans in the states, but over in the UK it's a common term for small cars to be accommodated by the busy roads of a major city.

Search the term

•••
Not sure what you guys call cars made for the cosmopolitans in the states, but over in the UK it's a common term for small cars to be accommodated by the busy roads of a major city.

Search the term

As i mentioned before, Just trying to help.

300$ offer take the money and run (imho)

•••

Search the term

Interesting. Yeah, we don't use that term in North America. Definitely helps the potential of the name to see that it's such a common term elsewhere, though.

It is a bit concerning, though, that if you Google your exact term, only 10 results are returned (including this thread). This tells me that either no one is planning to build a driverless city car, or no one will be branding it that way if they are.

A silver lining at the end of this article, though:

https://www.dezeen.com/2017/09/02/audi-set-unveil-car-with-solar-panel-roof-2017-technology-design/

Perhaps Audi is a potential buyer?

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back