Dynadot

domain drapril.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

jfoster2023

Impact
Aloha, new here.

A GoDaddy domain broker reached out to purchase my current domain for my wife's business, drapril.com. Her LLC is Dr April, LLC. It's a quick-growing business but we only use the domain for contact and coordination, no direct sales on the website. If we sold, it would take a bit of time reaching out to all of her current clinics, updating medical registration information, etc. It would be somewhat time intensive.

You all are the experts...I paid just over $700 for the domain, what would you all ask for it? Thanks in advance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well Google seems to bring up plenty of drapril usage all the same as that of your wife's. That is they are all Doctors with the forename (or possibly Surname of April) And of course there are going to be many more that Google doesn't reflect.
So to summarize. I think you paid about the right amount for the domain , Given the potential demand. Resale is the difficult one. This is going to depend how much Goddays client want the domain. All you can do is spend at least a couple of hours going through all the current Google listings - Don't forget to use spaces and none space wordings, Plurals, And see if any of them have a mega website and are hitting a high income audience. Well then if that is the case you could potentially get a very decent return (around the $7,000 mark) If. as I suspect all of the listings are General practitioners (as we say in the UK) You may even find some Home Massage services. I don't see the value above what you paid in the first place around $700. I very much doubt the Godday rep has been authorized to go above $1K or maybe a little bit more. You have to remember Godaddy reps are used to for all sorts of low-ball offers, The cost I seem to remember for the enquirer is around $70 which dosen't mean you have a high ball enquirer.

Why not save yourself a lot of work and just ask for what you want, I guessing your going to want around $10,000 to $15,000. So ask for it and be done. My guess it wont go any where. But, please do let us know if it does

Last edited:
•••
Its very different when its your partner specifically that uses it, and the brand means something to her. A price of $700 (considering its her business and she's focussed on the big picture), its fine. I wouldn't pay anywhere near that, nor do I think a lot of other people in that profession, because they probably won't be called "doctor april". A domain expanded to something like "doctor help" or "doctor line" would appeal to a much greater audience, than specifically "april". In that respect, its a very specific buy, limiting end users (and ultimately, the demand). IMO

Last edited:
•••
Well Google seems to bring up plenty of drapril usage all the same as that of your wife's. That is they are all Doctors with the forename (or possibly Surname of April) And of course there are going to be many more that Google doesn't reflect.
So to summarize. I think you paid about the right amount for the domain , Given the potential demand. Resale is the difficult one. This is going to depend how much Goddays client want the domain. All you can do is spend at least a couple of hours going through all the current Google listings - Don't forget to use spaces and none space wordings, Plurals, And see if any of them have a mega website and are hitting a high income audience. Well then if that is the case you could potentially get a very decent return (around the $7,000 mark) If. as I suspect all of the listings are General practitioners (as we say in the UK) You may even find some Home Massage services. I don't see the value above what you paid in the first place around $700. I very much doubt the Godday rep has been authorized to go above $1K or maybe a little bit more. You have to remember Godaddy reps are used to for all sorts of low-ball offers, The cost I seem to remember for the enquirer is around $70 which dosen't mean you have a high ball enquirer.

Why not save yourself a lot of work and just ask for what you want, I guessing your going to want around $10,000 to $15,000. So ask for it and be done. My guess it wont go any where. But, please do let us know if it does
Thanks for the reply. I’ll ask for the moon and see what happens…

•••
Thanks for the reply. I’ll ask for the moon and see what happens…
That's exactly what I would do.
If you get just a thank you - outside our clients reach Then just forget it. If the Godaddy rep tries to engage with you over price, then you can be assured he has a nice budget to work with

•••
•••
Still awaiting the counter-offer from the broker….

•••
Still awaiting the counter-offer from the broker….
I think with the standard GD broker service there's a 30 day period to try to get a deal. They'll put your price to their client. The client might agree or come back with a counter, but if you don't hear back within that time then you've probably scared them off.

•••
So how did it eventually go?

•••
Must have scared them off, they never got back to me.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back