Impact
hi ya , i have one name regged in
.com
.com.au
.tv
.mobi
.eu
.co.uk

I am waitng until feb to do the dotasia thing , i wonder if others here have multiple regs of the same name and also do you think it's important to grab the dot asia reg for your name ??

I am not asking what your name is , just asking your opinions , thanks !!!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I wouldn't bother if I were you. Unless it's a killer generic? Or is it just some made-up name? :o

•••
I think in the long run .asia is going to increase.

•••
I think .asia will be a flop like .name

•••
htmlindex said:
I think .asia will be a flop like .name

I reckon it will be like .eu where it could have been a lot better but isn't absolutely awful. Therefore, only the top generics and LLLs will be a sure bet.

•••
Any one knows which website is best for Asia Pre-Registration?

There will be many Asian Pre-Registration websites to be opened but I need the one which catches the domains most in Pre-Registration.

Any idea?

•••
There is no catching. If there is more than one registration request, the registrar is gonna skin you ... um, I mean, auction the domain over at Pool.

•••
abdulbasituae said:
Any one knows which website is best for Asia Pre-Registration?

There will be many Asian Pre-Registration websites to be opened but I need the one which catches the domains most in Pre-Registration.

Any idea?

Would also like to know this!

•••
EuroDNS/AsiaDNS are offering 18EURO registrations plus a free .asia.com subdomain.
Obviously if you're buying now you'll still have to pay the sunrise fee on top of your 18 Euros.

•••
How much extra will it be?

•••
gooster said:
Would also like to know this!

Pre-registrating a domain name is no use, if there are multiple requests. It will be auctioned by Pool. But you can bid via your registrar instead of doing it via Pool.

•••
lol - everyone, or most, is dogging the .asia domain...

but i bet many in here are placing their orders/bids

•••
itsbusinessbaby said:
but i bet many in here are placing their orders/bids

It's all about speculation.

This same situation happened with .mobi and we all know now what prices .mobi names are selling in the market.

•••
I can't wait to buy air()asia and wait for the budget airline airasia()com to buy the name from me. :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

•••
just one name for me to complete my list , gotta wait to feb for land rush

•••
I think .asia will be important for future.

Asia population 1/3 world population.
Click to referenece:
wikipedia.org

•••
skylineleong said:
I think .asia will be important for future.

Asia population 1/3 world population.
Click to referenece:
wikipedia.org

good point

•••
I think most generic names will have really high bids, that I won't be able to beat :(
At first I entered "singapore" it said "free" thankfully I was smart enough to momentarily understand that dreams don't come true so easely, and later learned about the bidding thing :)

•••
ssamriga said:
At first I entered "singapore" it said "free"

That is reserved and restricted for registration.

•••
Regarding this restriction:

Who can register .ASIA domain names?

* Companies, organizations, events, and individuals.
* NOTE: All .ASIA registrations must include at least one contact who resides in one of the .ASIA countries.*

Is there a way around this? i haven't fully done my homework on this yet, but is there anyone here who is outside the list of countries and that will still be registering them?

Could you please explain the method of getting round the restriction dare i say, or is this something strictly enforced?

•••
i think most countries conected to the pacific ??? do the good old google search ?
i am in australia ....... we are ok for it

•••
evirtual1 said:
i think most countries conected to the pacific ??? do the good old google search ?
i am in australia ....... we are ok for it

All they require is *a* contact. I would think that a tech contact running dns servers would suffice for that requirement.

I run dns servers in Seattle. I am almost certain there are a lot of people here running dns servers. Maybe we need to find somebody in Australia running dns as a tech contact... hint hint. I could provide secondary dns to their primary, or some deal like that.

Marc

•••
•••
Its rather interesting if there is a way for people like myself (In the UK) to still be able to purchase a .asia someway.

•••
likepeas said:
i bought discover.asia:)

Correction: If you are not a TM owner, or have this as the name of your business entity, then you pre-registered the rights to compete in an auction with the zillion other individuals that will also try to pre-register this domain.

I would be amazed if this domain is not picked up in the sunrise period before landrush, when the people with Marks or business entities pick up all the best domains. Here is some info on the most recent TM on "Discover":

Mark Drawing Code: (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
Registration Date: May 29, 2007
Link to tarr status page:
http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?regser=serial&entry=78828148

I counted about 36 TM's with "Discover" alone in the full mark search [FM] at USPTO. I didn't bother to count how many were making the Standard Character claim.

I do believe that the person getting this will get a very high quality domain.

Marc

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back