Domain Empire

Domains suddenly disappear after handreg check

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ricardo M

Established Member
Impact
Hi all,

I checked recently many names for handreg. The best ones got suddenly registered within the next hours after. Sometimes i have a feeling that the host where you check screens your searches and take some names you came up with. Normally i directly register but sometimes i wait a day etc. Who has same experiences or is anything know about this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
what registrar did you use to check them

•••
•••
•••
•••
This has always been suspected; however, to my knowledge there's no concrete evidence that it takes place. A lack of evidence doesn't necessarily mean that it doesn't take place, though. On the other hand, if it's a quality domain, it's always possible that someone happened to stumble upon it around the same time that you had!

Best of luck in the future - act quickly!

•••
This has always been suspected; however, to my knowledge there's no concrete evidence that it takes place. A lack of evidence doesn't necessarily mean that it doesn't take place, though. On the other hand, if it's a quality domain, it's always possible that someone happened to stumble upon it around the same time that you had!

Best of luck in the future - act quickly!

It definitely can be a risk but it happens too many times through name.com that i just get too suspicious about it. I can imagine they track all the reg searches and go through it to gain some inspiration. Thanks for the feedback

•••
It definitely can be a risk but it happens too many times through name.com that i just get too suspicious about it. I can imagine they track all the reg searches and go through it to gain some inspiration. Thanks for the feedback

Do a WHOIS check and see when was the domain registered ? Recently or was it registered years ago ?

•••
Do a WHOIS check and see when was the domain registered ? Recently or was it registered years ago ?

this is good point, as Name.com may not be "real-time" with whois updates.

and if the domain was regged already, prior to you checking, then it would indicate point above was valid.

if not, then "Houston...we have a problem"

imo...

•••
It happens all the time. If you work at any registrar then chances are you're a domainer and if you have access to this information then chances are you will look at this information.

I have had this happen hundreds of times.

Domaining is still the wild west with people doing whatever the fuck they want whenever they feel like it. You are straight up a plain fool if you don't think this happens behind the scenes.

•••
Registrar "front running" your search data?

•••

All the times within 12 hours after a totally new creation.

•••
this is good point, as Name.com may not be "real-time" with whois updates.

and if the domain was regged already, prior to you checking, then it would indicate point above was valid.

if not, then "Houston...we have a problem"

imo...
Well, Houston we have a big problem. As they all got newly created within 12 hours after. The coincidence is too high

•••
Could be an algorithm based on interest. The more interest you might have in the name (checking back multiple times) the name could be bought and marked for resale.

Are any of these names put up as premium right after they're registered?

•••
It has happened to me too,but I now do my searches through whois.

•••
Could be an algorithm based on interest. The more interest you might have in the name (checking back multiple times) the name could be bought and marked for resale.

Are any of these names put up as premium right after they're registered?

Didn't check. Only hurts my eyes haha. Was a strong Crypto name

•••
You can use hosterstats.com to check when the name was registered.

Next time it happens, could you please let us know the name? As soon as it happens. Thanks.

I like Tunababa8v idea of using whois, will try it.

•••
It has happened to me too,but I now do my searches through whois.

Yeah might be better. I did some bulk searches and only the strongest .com vanished
You can use hosterstats.com to check when the name was registered.

Next time it happens, could you please let us know the name? As soon as it happens. Thanks.

I like Tunababa8v idea of using whois, will try it.

Sure, this is about cryptostrip.com

•••
That's a strange coincidence, no?

Domain wasn't even in the pending delete lists (as far as I can see)... really strange that it happened to reg that name at the same time as you.

I normally don't want to believe that registrars do check what we register (despite all logic saying that they do) but, to be on the safe side, I started using dedicated local software to check on domains shortly after I started domaining.

•••
I've had this once at GoDaddy, but it could have been a coincidence.

•••
I had it more and it is regged now through Godaddy. It only happens with bulks at name.com. and believe i don't speak about a name until its regged under my name

•••
I actually would love to set something up with decent names and regg none of them. See what happens too them

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back