Domain Empire

Domain Parking drop 30-60% for everyone this year?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

thetrafficman

Established Member
Impact
Domain Parking drop 30-60% for everyone this year?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
for me half less...most say same.. of course the pros who make 4 to 6fig a month will barely notice or just make up for it with new stuff... I'm no pro maybe u are.. me its bodis 150usd per month b4
...and maybe 70 now.... then again I dont know enuf to add and find new names etc..so rolling on some 4 or 5 yr old revenue names like 20... bought on np for 1k 4yr back..I'm doing ok...cause parking takes monitoring and effort...and that means u need tools...skill.etc.. u can't expect roll on 5yr old names forever... that be said
.. generally it's all down... but well sometime even if u.dont aim for revenue name your reg makes money... just luck..maybe 2k total like this in 5yr on bodis for me... which is why imo it's always worth park.

•••
Speak for yourself
I had my best year in parking last month

•••
•••
Speak for yourself
I had my best year in parking last month

that's good. but the aim of thread is determine if u represent exception or average.

•••
for me half less...most say same.. of course the pros who make 4 to 6fig a month will barely notice or just make up for it with new stuff... I'm no pro maybe u are.. me its bodis 150usd per month b4
...and maybe 70 now.... then again I dont know enuf to add and find new names etc..so rolling on some 4 or 5 yr old revenue names like 20... bought on np for 1k 4yr back..I'm doing ok...cause parking takes monitoring and effort...and that means u need tools...skill.etc.. u can't expect roll on 5yr old names forever... that be said
.. generally it's all down... but well sometime even if u.dont aim for revenue name your reg makes money... just luck..maybe 2k total like this in 5yr on bodis for me... which is why imo it's always worth park.
Yep, problem is you can't find names that generate revenue anymore, i'm only making money from my Covid era names lol
However, i'm fully focused on sales and give each name a 2 month deadline to generate parking revenue. 98% of new names fail to generate a cent.

Last edited:
•••
"The problem is you can't find names that generate revenue anymore"
You don't know sh*t about what you are talking about

•••
for me last good month may RPM down from 25 to 15 in average , also not received yahoo feed money in july

•••
From what parking services (That use yahoo feed)?
Domain advertising
The parking place
Skenzo
Etc. etc.

•••
I'm doing better than ever because I've added more high quality domains but that's besides the point.

You can tell how well parking is doing by the EPCs you get. Amount of traffic has nothing to do with parking companies, only epc and ctr.

EPCs have been terrible lately. I can't get near $1 for a lawyer/attorney click for any term. It's usually $0.3 - $0.7 for me. All high quality American traffic. It used to be much higher than that.

Other terms have all plummeted too. We will need an alternative for parking soon. Maybe some kind of vetted 0 click redirects will be the way of the future.

•••
I'm doing better than ever because I've added more high quality domains but that's besides the point.

You can tell how well parking is doing by the EPCs you get. Amount of traffic has nothing to do with parking companies, only epc and ctr.

EPCs have been terrible lately. I can't get near $1 for a lawyer/attorney click for any term. It's usually $0.3 - $0.7 for me. All high quality American traffic. It used to be much higher than that.

Other terms have all plummeted too. We will need an alternative for parking soon. Maybe some kind of vetted 0 click redirects will be the way of the future.

I guess for your rev names u dont care to sell them..so redirects wouldnt bother u

•••
I guess for your rev names u dont care to sell them..so redirects wouldnt bother u

That's right. They were all purchased for parking. Sometimes I sell them via godaddy buyer brokers if a good offer comes, but I don't care about SEO and reputation damage to the domains.

I've still got a parkingcrew zeroclick account. I should test parking there.

•••
Decline here, not massive (around 20%) but still. Using ParkingCrew.

•••
yea like he said epc really down... all went crap for me round sept22.. here are my months from most recent this one... and flicker of hope just today with 1 click over 1$ on a recent bitcoin expired reg in com.. high epc clicks hard get now....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230820-085846_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230820-085846_Chrome.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 119
  • Screenshot_20230820-090003_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230820-090003_Chrome.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 119
•••
•••
look parking is 2fold deal.. u either know what u do and make 4 to 6fig per month... or u.dont know and buy few rev domains on np plus get lucky with few regs that make money and make 1 to 3fig per month.... me I'm in latter category..
this why I always say to park yo names cause u never know.. I bought some 20 rev names 5yr back on np in one deal for 1k and they paid themselves few times in the 5yr on bodis I do paeking... then in those 5yr I made maybe total of 2 to 3k on like 5 lucky regs that were just making money ... parking is great..u get great stats on bodis.. big sale banner ... nice inquiry form u can then just pass at 5percent to dan to sell... add up all domainers over years who never parked and u got many millons missed money... the sad part is they use lame excuse they prefer to concentrate on sales with lander..well guess what with nice big banner on top.of park page it works the same for any serious buyer... anyway...

•••
the sad part is they use lame excuse they prefer to concentrate on sales with lander..well guess what with nice big banner on top.of park page it works the same for any serious buyer... anyway...
You are missing the point, bro. It's about trust and trust is not an excuse, it's fundamental when you are overcharging someone for assets like domain. We spoke about ad blockers also that might kill sales. The revenue loss from a lost sale could be equal to years of parking revenue.
I don't mind having a broker from a trusted brand like GD to close the deal, because nobody knows me and it's easy for an end user to just walk away, because 'something' does not look professional.

Last edited:
•••
You are missing the point, bro. It's about trust and trust is not an excuse, it's fundamental when you are overcharging someone for assets like domain. We spoke about ad blockers also that might kill sales. The revenue loss from a lost sale could be equal to years of parking revenue.
I don't mind having a broker from a trusted brand like GD to close the deal, because nobody knows me and it's easy for an end user to just walk away, because 'something' does not look professional.

come on man haven't u heard how many non ad landers are also blocked by blockers... gd... etc

•••

either way u can still direct sale banner to any lander including broker if u into those.

•••
oh and ps speaking of blockers.. I just had idea.. do park companies axtually know which visitors use blockers as they come? and if they do wouldnt it be possible to send them to inquiry form right away?

•••
either way u can still direct sale banner to any lander including broker if u into those.
Yeah, but you will pay 25% comission to AN. That revenue loss could be equal to a year of parking revenue.

Last edited:
•••
Yeah, but you will pay 25% comission to AN. That revenue loss could be equal to a year of parking revenue.

so which broker u want to handle sales? cause on bodis sale banner it isnt just afternic broker lander redirect...I agree blockers are bummer..
tho frankly I'm not gonna believe u if u tell me u know percentages etc unless u got some direct bodis info.. but as I said also people talk about regular landers also not working with blockers..
forget which ones... me the point I was making which still stands is.simply that put blockers aside for moment any buyer with eyes and iq above 10 will just as readily see bodis sale banner on top.ads page as they do a lander page.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back