NameSilo

Domain offer or spam

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Ok , here is the email ;

Hello,

Our company is interested in your domain name. What is your price?

We have a solid investing budget and our company is very interested in
Internet names and web sites.

If you have other domains for sale feel free to send your list.

Looking forward to do business with you.

Regards,

xxxxxxxxx

xxxxx

------------------------------------------------------------

Is this for real or someone trying to make money ? Also what should I write back?
Thank you a lot

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
99.9% the classic appraisal scam.
Delete it and ignore all future emails.

•••
The offer is open ended and if they do have a good budget they would have taken the correct way to contact the sites that they are interested in and not what ever name someone on the net gives them.If you have the money to buy you would choose not let others choose you.

•••
Spam. I got the same email about 2 weeks ago.

•••
Well, for me they have asked for the price and not given their price....so in my view you should better communicate with them first and see how it goes....

•••
Like exsedo said: 99.9% scam. Google the name and company name the sender is claiming to use. Also google "domain appraisal scam", or look for posts about it on this board.

The appraisal scams all use a similar "boilerplate" email and this one fits the pattern to a tee.

•••
Scam! got this same email...They will offer you a few thousand dollars for your domain, then say first you have to have the domain appraised. They will point you in the direction of a certin appraisal company (which the scammers own) Dont be blinded by the few thousand dollar offer! If you buy the appraisal, You won't hear from them again...I never fell for it I read about it long before I ever got this email and spoted the scam...I like to string them along for a few dozen emails just to get there hopes up.

Last edited:
•••
A scam for sure. As willvaz mentioned most likely an appraisal scam.

•••
looks like a scam to me. .be careful..

•••
i got the same email last week its a scam

•••
definite scam...it's been around for years.

•••
Spam. I got the same email about 1 week

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back