IT.COM

.in Domain name status

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Duomain

Established Member
Impact
Hi, I've searched the forum, but not found similar thread. Anyone could help?

I started transferring dxl.in from Dynadot to 190.com but failed for unknown reason (190.com indicated rejection by the registrar, but I clearly remembered I had approved it). Now one month past, the status of dxl.in is still "pendingTransfer". The results is that I can't renew the domain on Dynadot. It will be expired on 10th, August.

I asked help from both 190.com and Dynadot. They both said that they could do nothing to the domain. I also asked help on registry.in, they asked me to get help from "the sponsoring registrar" which I think it's Dynadot.

Does anyone have similar experience? Thanks for your advice.

@Dynadot

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I feel Dynadot should step in here by canceling "Pending Transfer" status. In my experience staff over there is fast and friendly. Do keep us updated on the happenings

•••
I feel Dynadot should step in here by canceling "Pending Transfer" status. In my experience staff over there is fast and friendly. Do keep us updated on the happenings

Thanks for your reply. I'll get you updated.

•••
Hmm, as soon as the transfer was rejected, it should have reset and remained at Dynadot. Even if the transfer was approved by you, then rejected, it *should* have timed out after about five days. You can clearly see in whois you did this 8 July so why it got stuck this long is a mystery.

What is ridiculous is that all three parties have not been any help. My best guess would be contact Dynadot and get them to manually cancel the transfer, there is obviously some glitch in the system.

If they manage to get it unstuck but can't figure out why it got stuck you might be safer just renewing at Dynadot. After that, if you still want to transfer, wait 45ish days and then make your transfer with plenty of time in case it happens again, although then you have to pay twice.

Very curious if they will have an explanation

•••
@usernamex Since the domain is pending transfer, I couldn't renew it on Dynadot. And it's close to expiry that I'm losing the name day by day.

According to Dynadot's support (not confirmed by 190.com, they're checking for the reason. I thought it has something to do with the new policy that our government restricts the transfer and transaction of many ccTLD and ngTLD extensions, but this is just my personal opinion):

... the transfer away has been authorized in our system and it should have been moved to the gaining registrar's account but they do not seem to be able to accept that from their end.

Dynadot insists that I should contact the gaining registrar and ask them to fix or contact the .in registry, but in my opinion, as the domain is still under Dynadot, why couldn't they contact the registry to fix the problem for their customer?

As for .in registry, they said they only communicate with registrars. But as far as I know, someone could even buy domains from the .vip registry. Maybe they have something to learn from the .vip registry.

This is my first time to be stuck in the domain transfer. Very interesting experience. I'll update you for more info.

•••
Update: 190.com told me to try transferring the domain to another registrar. I tried Uniregistry, and below is the shown issue and their suggestion:

Please log in to your Dynadot LLC (R117-AFIN) account and reject or 'NACK' the transfer and then click the 'Retry transfers' button below.

Does it mean Dynadot has the ability to cancel the transfer?

At least from Uniregistry's opinion, yes, they can.

@Dynadot

•••
Yes, it appears Dynadot should be able to manually cancel the transfer, if you have to contact support again, ask to be escalated to a supervisor with the technical ability to understand and solve the issue. They might also have the capacity to manually APPROVE the transfer so if that is an option, ask for that first so you don't have to start over.

Part of the issue since the domain is dot IN, it is difficult to figure out if they have the same operating procedures as ICANN

The information below DOES appear to specifically refer to dot IN

https://www.branzone.com/Knowledgebase/18/Domain-Transfer-Procedure.html
Please remember that this is an automated process, involving at least four parties (the global registry, two registrars and the domain contacts). Notifications and approvals are processed automatically. The only exception to this would be an explicit request by the registrant or administrative contact of the domain to manually approve (ACK) or deny (NACK) a transfer request. The explicit request is made to the registrar of record (losing registrar). The gaining registrar cannot ACK or NACK a transfer request.

Last edited:
•••
Hi all. Problem fixed and the domain has been successfully renewed on Dynadot.

The following things was doing at the same time.

1. Dynadot's engineer is trying to fix the problem.
2. 190.com contacted the registry and provided the anth code.

Since the domain was renewed instead of transfer, I believe it's Dynadot's engineer helping fix the problem.

Anyway, thanks Dynadot and 190's support for their help. Thank you for your time. @usernamex @kathirvel

•••
Thanks for update, happy for you they got it solved. This seemed it was some weird glitch all along. Did they at least give you a discount for all your trouble?

Also I was able to find confirmation that it was within Dynadot's control to fix this the whole time. Handy to have for future reference to share with support if they are stumped : wink :
https://wiki.hexonet.net/wiki/IN
Transfer ACK by Registrar
Transfer NACK by Registrar

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back