NameSilo

Domain Name Journal DOUBLE FEATURE: New Cover Story + Worldwide TLD Poll Results

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
A new Cover Story has just been published at Domain Name Journal:

The Full Monte: Why an Industry Pioneer's One Stop Shop Kept Expanding Long After the Bubble Burst

It's the story of Monte Cahn, a key player in the first $1 Million Dollar domain sale (AND the first $2 Million Dollar sale). He established the first domain brokerage on the Internet back in 1996 and his company not only survived when the bubble burst, it thrived. Knowing how the guy who manages Ultimate Search's entire portfolio did it could help your business too.

But that's not all. For the past 5 months Dr. Robert Connor (AKA NamePros member Domebase) has been conducting a worldwide poll of domain buyers to see what extensions are preferred in the various countries around the world. He has now tabulated the results and written all about in a new Front Page Feature at DNJ.

...and don't forget the new weekly Domain Sales column will be out Tuesday. Thanks for looking. :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Cracker! :yell:
KeepEmComingDuke.INFO

•••
Cool Duke, do you only allow the staff to write articles?

•••
Originally posted by CoolHost.com
Cracker! [/i]

Hey watch the namecalling! I am from the South you know! :lol:

Originally posted by DSL
Cool Duke, do you only allow the staff to write articles?

We have had articles written be others. If they are good enough we will definitely consider publishing them. It would probably be a good idea for writers to send an email query first about the subject matter you are interested in writing about. At least that way we could say we mightbe interested in that topic (or we might not). Everyone is also free to write about most anything for the Letters to the Editor and we post the best of those.

•••
The ext. poll was interesting, now I know who to taget my .ws names to :)

Thanks,

Mike

•••
Originally posted by Tippy
The ext. poll was interesting, now I know who to taget my .ws names to :)

Thanks,

Mike

I could have told you that BEFORE the poll - Western Samoans! :)

•••
what a journalism feat! good work!

keep the fires of domaineering going strong:gn:

•••
Thanks Duke, I always thought it stood for " Web Site " lol

•••
Great article on Monte. That's quite a success story. :tu:

The third limitation concerns sample size. This poll would be better and the results more powerful with 1,330 respondents instead of 133. Individual results for countries with only a few respondents are not very accurate. However, the results of 133 people from 34 countries are probably better in aggregate than anecdotal evidence or no data at all.

Does this indicate this could be a returning feature from Dr. Domey? I hope so.

•••
I think Domey does intend to periodically update this poll.

He is also working on another poll about what people think of their registrars so we can separate the wheat from chaff as far as consumers look at it. I'm looking forward to that one!

•••
Very nice article...keep up the great work!

•••
very nice article i need to start something that is useful...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back