IT.COM

advice Domain Investment

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Since AI is obviously going to drastically change the way the internet works, is it still worthwhile to invest in good 'ol domains? :unsure:
I haven't been active for a while now, but really good .com domain do not seem to even help SEO too much.
You can have crappy domains and have much higher DA if you work on the domain's SEO.
What do you guys think will replace domains as the internet evolves with AI?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A domain itself hasn't helped in SEO since at least 2013 when it comes to influencing Google directly. However, quality backlinks matter and if you have a good name, people might remember it better, trust it more and organically link to it and that helps.

People are still buying names, read the Escrow.com report, see the aftermarket action too.

This is a long game though and most people with money to invest (to buy and hold names) should probably look elsewhere.

AI is changing things and I think the first ones to feel the biggest impact are the websites, forums, videos that people went for info. Once you get used to using AI to get info on something, going to blogs to read articles or going to forums to ask questions on how to do something, becomes as strange as going to a library to find out when Columbus discovered America.

I think the real impact of AI, the good and bad will be felt suddenly sometimes in 2024.

•••
A domain itself hasn't helped in SEO since at least 2013 when it comes to influencing Google directly. However, quality backlinks matter and if you have a good name, people might remember it better, trust it more and organically link to it and that helps.

People are still buying names, read the Escrow.com report, see the aftermarket action too.

This is a long game though and most people with money to invest (to buy and hold names) should probably look elsewhere.

AI is changing things and I think the first ones to feel the biggest impact are the websites, forums, videos that people went for info. Once you get used to using AI to get info on something, going to blogs to read articles or going to forums to ask questions on how to do something, becomes as strange as going to a library to find out when Columbus discovered America.

I think the real impact of AI, the good and bad will be felt suddenly sometimes in 2024.
I agree. Spoken like a true professional AEProgram.
…
Domains/websites have been a source of information for many years now.
With AI changing the way we receive information the internet with domains/websites may become obsolete…although AI needs it now to actually collect information.
There will have to be some system of AI collecting all its knowledge, at least until it starts to learn by itself.
…
2024 seems like it’s going to be a year where AI really starts taking over the internet. πŸ›œ

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back