Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

johnn

WeSellName.comTop Member
Impact
As far as the value of a domain in general, .com has more value than .net

I just want your opinion on the following extensions:

.org - .biz - .info - .ws - .us

Please rank them from 1 to 5 as 1 is the one has more value (in your opinion - and state your reasoning also)

Ex:

1 - .biz
2 - .org
3 - .info
4 - .ws
5 - .us

We're talking about genegic names (a good example wood be a generic three-letter name: XXX) . I know some names are extension dependent.

Let talk!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
1 - .org
2 - .biz
3 - .info
4 - .us
5 - .ws

basicly i listed them like that because I think that is the order the every day person on the street would list them, someone on the street I dont think would of heard of .ws ? but many have heard of .org because lots of advertising with that extension

•••
.org
.info
.biz
.us
.ws

•••
org
info
biz
us
ws

is what most people think..

I think us is much better than us however resale wise, biz is selling for more. and i hate biz worse than ws :)

would not consider using one for any of my sites, ever :)

•••
Originally posted by webmasterinfo
.org
.info
.biz
.us
.ws

Agree. Has a lot to do with when the tld's came into use.

Going forward, I think .info will overtake .org in a few years.

•••
These kind of ranking questions remind me of someone asking whether you like Indian curry, Chinese dim sum, French cruisine or Beefy American barbecued steaks.

•••
.org
.info
.biz
.us
.ws

I think .org is more popular because it's been around much longer, and more exposed than the other extensions. Within time though, I'm sure .info will overtake it's popularity.

You should have throw .co.uk in that list instead! .ws is very unpopular in my opinion!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back