Domain Empire

.com Domain #8 sold here at NamePros . . .

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Want2learn

Top Member
Impact
But I sold it in an auction, and it sold for less than I paid:(

Has that ever happened to anyone before? EatMoar.com is no longer one of my babies! EatMoar be well my love . . . Take better care of your new owner than you did for me:)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's part of domaining, especially with handregs. If that's the angle you're going to continue to play then you'll need to get used to it.

A sale is a sale, and you got 5 more than you would have received had you dropped it at renewal time. Be happy it sold at all and wasn't a total loss, IMO.

Congrats, and on to the next...#9!

•••
Congrats on on your sale. Did you post this auction on go daddy 7 days?

•••
EatMoar was listed on GoDaddy previously, but did not actually go to auction or have any offers. I do think its value is more than what I got for it, but if it were a Honus Wagner rookie card, so to speak, I would feel more justified in believing that. Maybe Bill Parcels is right, You are what your record says you are.

•••
Track everything. Purchase price, purchase date, sales date, category, sales price etc... and over time you might find you do better on certain categories etc... and you can adjust your spending to what categories produce the most ROI for ya.

Personally I try not to sell at forums as I'm more of an end user only seller. But that doesn't mean you can't as profit is profit, rinse and repeat. Good Luck on the next one. (y)

Last edited:
•••

Has that ever happened to anyone before

Yes happened to me a lot..bought a lot of LLL(dot)info here..sold every one for a loss

Same story with."CHIP" nets..

Lesson that I learned try to avoid "flavor/ hype of the week" domains..especially when I realized that some of those "gurus" that recommended buying them have a vested interest (buy low..create a hype...sell for a profit)

•••
next time wish you make a big sales.(y)

•••
Part of the domaining experience

•••
Learning take a lot of processes and this is one of them. Just cheer up and keep going the better one is on the way. Good luck.

•••
You win some, you lose some.

Atleast you are learning about the great domaining venture and are having fun with it.

•••
It's a Game, Which has only one rule, you are not going to win every time.

Cong for lose

Last edited:
•••
Now you are a successful domain cat, you need to register moar

moar-cat.jpg

•••
Change your handle from want2learn to Moarsales:xf.smile:

•••

Has that ever happened to anyone before? EatMoar.com is no longer one of my babies! EatMoar be well my love . . . Take better care of your new owner than you did for me:)

that happens
its not about the profit on 1 domain
its about staying in business sometimes

and about buying better domains

heads up

•••
Congrats it's game and luck where someone wins on same domain someone loose on same , good luck for future.

•••

Welcome to club. I'm interested in why you thought EatMoar would be be a good name to resell with all the fat people running around trying to eat less?

1) A bit of advice, stop buying hand registered names and look on the aftermarket for something undervalued.

2) If you hand register a name, try to find one word names.

3) You'll make more on a $200 domain than 40 $10 domains.

Last edited:
•••
Here is a long name that is currently available for a hand reg, and that Google thinks is worth money for ad revenue.

ComputerTelephoneSystems.com

It's a bit too long for me, and I've got too many names to develop already.

•••
Welcome to club. I'm interested in why you thought EatMoar would be be a good name to resell with all the fat people running around trying to eat less?

1) A bit of advice, stop buying hand registered names and look on the aftermarket for something undervalued.

2) If you hand register a name, try to find one word names.

3) You'll make more on a $200 domain than 40 $10 domains.
It was one of my first domain regs. I no longer think it is a big money maker. But the whole "Moar" phenomenon was probably why I thought it would be a good idea. Eat Moar fwiw doesn't just have to be a bad thing. Could be spiritual, health, a catch phrase, etc. know who Zeke Elliot is? He does this eat thing after running on football field. If he started saying eat Moar, well it would be gold. Lol

•••
It was one of my first domain regs. I no longer think it is a big money maker. But the whole "Moar" phenomenon was probably why I thought it would be a good idea. Eat Moar fwiw doesn't just have to be a bad thing. Could be spiritual, health, a catch phrase, etc. know who Zeke Elliot is? He does this eat thing after running on football field. If he started saying eat Moar, well it would be gold. Lol

If you have to explain what a domain is, you're losing. Made up words are a crap shoot. While Moar.com may be worth 5 figures, adding words / letters makes it worth less.

•••

That happened to me as a buyer at namepros auction.

I bet 1$ for the domain and it turn out to be I was the only bidder and the auction ended.

Seller reached out to me to congrats, I told him if you want to keep the domain you can if not I will transfer you $1.

In conclusion I didn`t buy it cause I don`t think it is fair and I wouldn`t want same to happen to me.

It is always safe to put a reserve price on an auction to prevent such scenarios.

•••
Now you are a successful domain cat, you need to register moar

moar-cat.jpg
But Moar does not appears to be cat! Or what I 'm I seen above?

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back