Status
Not open for further replies.

Xcytr Domain Names

Looking to sell one to two word .com domainsEstablished Member
Impact
Any input on the value of this domain?

Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is it just DIY followed by a random number, or is there some other meaning to it?

Brad

•••
DIY34 is actually a type of auto battery housing by DIY Central Shop. It also comes up frequently under a search for various creator DIY pages, usually by project number. Common on Etsy and the like.

•••
i avoid number domains like the plague.
Only the Chinese are obsessed with them.
I will help you feel better; the only one i know of is a16z.com which i had to look up since i forgot their name (I googled a16z) numbers are awful, forgettable.

Last edited:
•••
DIY34 is actually a type of auto battery housing by DIY Central Shop. It also comes up frequently under a search for various creator DIY pages, usually by project number. Common on Etsy and the like.

It seems rather niche looking at the search results. I am not sure if it really has resale value as a domain.

It seems to have a very small pool of potential buyers.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
It seems rather niche looking at the search results. I am not sure if it really has resale value as a domain.

Brad
Wouldn't you be concerned about TM infringe potential?
It could be smart; if it means something; but i still say numbers are forgettable, overrated should be avoided. What do you think?

One month from now if i ask you what the two digits after “DIY” bet you five bucks you’ll forget!

Last edited:
•••

Brad
I only have a couple of domains with numbers in my portfolio, and just recently thought I would give them a shot. The specific value for any potential buyer does seem quite limited. Thanks for the input.

•••
I only have a couple of domains with numbers in my portfolio, and just recently thought I would give them a shot. The specific value for any potential buyer does seem quite limited. Thanks for the input.
The only numbers i have is “420” i’m curious if “34” has something that specific meaning to help memorability.

Last edited:
•••
Wouldn't you be concerned about TM infringe potential?
It could be smart; if it means something; but i still say numbers are forgettable, overrated should be avoided. What do you think?

One month from now if i ask you what the two digits after “DIY” bet you five bucks you’ll forget!
I won't argue! I didn't really think about TM issues. As I posted in response to bmugford, I only recently took a stab at domains with numbers. I only have two, so maybe I can offload them at some point in a bulk deal or something. Thanks for providing your thoughts on this domain.

•••
The only numbers i have is “420” i’m curious is “34” has something that specific meaning to help memorability. You obviously know more about “DIY34” than me.
I guess it rolls off the tongue easily. That's about the only "catchy" or memorable aspect of it, I think.

•••
I guess it rolls off the tongue easily. That's about the only "catchy" or memorable aspect of it, I think.
Agreed! Proximity.
I like better than “a16z.com” most successful company with an awful number in the name! Middle at that. Thank you for sharing your experience; you know more about number domains than i. I see them differently :) “34”!

Another possible meaning #’s; zip code; but those 3 #s!

Last edited:
•••
Agreed! Proximity.
I like better than “a16z.com” most successful company with an awful number in the name! Middle at that.
I didn't realize a16z.com was so valuable. Is this an actual company or just a valuable domain name?

•••
Agreed! Proximity.
I like better than “a16z.com” most successful company with an awful number in the name! Middle at that. Thank you for sharing your experience; you know more about number domains than i. I see them differently :) “34”!

Another possible meaning #’s; zip code; but those 3 #s!
Never mind. I just looked it up. I don't see the association between the domain name and the company really, but good on whoever made that connection!

•••
I didn't realize a16z.com was so valuable. Is this an actual company or just a valuable domain name?
I consider it the biggest company which uses an awful atrocious forgettable name. It’s not hyperbole to say i entered it in google; since i initially entered wrong URL in browser “az16.com” when the site is “a16z.com”! The Worst name of billion dollar company in history! a16z.

Last edited:
•••
Never mind. I just looked it up. I don't see the association between the domain name and the company really, but good on whoever made that connection!
What other companies with numbers do you know? Besides a16z. I see them as the exception to the rule, rather than rule. A lot money, how‘d not re-brand yet!

Last edited:
•••
What other companies with numbers do you know? Besides a16z. I see them as the exception to the rule, rather than rule. So much money, how‘d they not re-brand yet!
Good point. However, recently, "bet" number domains (ex. bet99.com) are popping up and getting popular due to the spreading sports betting industry. I thought about going this route, but not sure. Not really my area of expertise. Still an option, though.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back