IT.COM

DIfference between logos and banners? Use logo in web design?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hey guys, sorry this probably sounds a really newbie question. But I am thinking about starting a website and getting the logo proffesionally designed. But would it look silly to use this logo as the banner at the top of my site? I haven'thad the site designed yet, so was thinking of giving the website designer the logo to incorporate? Is this weird?

Again appologies if this sounds newbie, but i am a newbie and need help in this area.

Thanks for any help.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Getting a logo designed by a professional is always a good idea.

Logo is your identity, people recognise you because of your logo wherease a banner is used for advertising your services, products, offerings, special offers or discounts.

One should always have logo of his/her company on the banner. It helps in branding of your company and looks professional also.

•••
Thanks for your help :)

Last edited:
•••
Definitely get a professional graphic designer to work on your logo. You'll need someone with those skills to get it right. Have a look at Scriptlance or Elance if you haven't got someone in mind.

You'll need to have this logo incorporated into your web page design. Can the person doing your page design do the logo. If you're starting from scratch it can sometimes be better to have them created at the same time to get just the look and feel for the site you want.

•••
Having a logo professional made is the best way to go, any decent designer will create a logo that can be used on a wide variety of places, such as business cards, website, ..etc

The difference to a banner and a logo is, the logo should be added to the banner as a separate graphic. You don't use your banner as a "brand" but you do your logo.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back