IT.COM

domain design-patterns(.)dev

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ralphiz

Impact
Picked up this domain back in 2019. Design patterns are important concepts in Software Development, I was wondering what everyone thought of this domain.

Also a general question domain names, are hyphens usually something good or bad or would it depend on the domain?

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's a good domain name! in my opinion

•••
The extension only has (27) total sales. Even top tier terms are selling for low amounts.

360.dev $1,165
Defi.dev $2,550
Pro.dev $1,089

It's a hyphenated term in a pretty obscure extension.

Over all new gTLD combined, there have only been (69) reported hyphenated sales since 2014.

I don't see value in it.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
Agree with Brad, I don't see the green either. Even with a NET, I wouldn't be thrilled with it IMO

Also a general question domain names, are hyphens usually something good or bad or would it depend on the domain? Depends on the domain. If put in an appropriately placed COM, fine. If not, kills

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for all of the replies everyone! Hope you all are having a great weekend. :)
It's a good domain name! in my opinion
Thanks devma!
Yeah, it seemed like a good buy at the time.

The extension only has (27) total sales. Even top tier terms are selling for low amounts.

360.dev $1,165
Defi.dev $2,550
Pro.dev $1,089

It's a hyphenated term in a pretty obscure extension.

Over all new gTLD combined, there have only been (69) reported hyphenated sales since 2014.

I don't see value in it.

Brad
Hey Brad :D
Oh wow, that's really interesting. Is the sale information available to the public somewhere? I'm new to selling domains and any resources would be appreciated, thanks again!

Agree with Brad, I don't see the green either. Even with a NET, I wouldn't be thrilled with it IMO

Also a general question domain names, are hyphens usually something good or bad or would it depend on the domain? Depends on the domain. If put in an appropriately placed COM, fine. If not, kills
Thanks jhm,
I appreciate the input!

•••
•••
Thanks for all of the replies everyone! Hope you all are having a great weekend. :)

Thanks devma!
Yeah, it seemed like a good buy at the time.

Hey Brad :D
Oh wow, that's really interesting. Is the sale information available to the public somewhere? I'm new to selling domains and any resources would be appreciated, thanks again!

Thanks jhm,
I appreciate the input!
Search here previous sales at namebio(dot)com.

Names with hyphen generally have low value except a few cases. (Dot)Dev is not much popular tld, so hard to sell. You should drop it imo.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back