Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strongbox

Established Member
Impact
Decentralized.co.uk

Kindly share your valuable insights about this domain.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
X,XXX (DEFI)

https://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/british/decentralise

A minor criticism: In the UK the spelling is "decentralise", than "decentralize". A "z" is adopted by American spelling, and other parts. Regardless, I'm a fan. Don't want that to cast a shadow over it, just "decentralised" for the UK would probably be the ideal. I still consider it a cool domain, IMO

Last edited:
•••
X,XXX (DEFI)

https://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/british/decentralise

A minor criticism: In the UK the spelling is "decentralise", than "decentralize". A "z" is adopted by American spelling, and other parts. Regardless, I'm a fan. Don't want that to cast a shadow over it, just "decentralised" for the UK would probably be the ideal. I still consider it a cool domain, IMO

If I'm not wrong. The correct keyword is decentralized when we talk about Defi (Decentralized Finance), decentralized wallet etc worldwide.

•••
If I'm not wrong. The correct keyword is decentralized when we talk about Defi (Decentralized Finance), decentralized wallet etc worldwide.
As a Brit I can tell you its "decentralised finance", like "centralised". It is an "s" for us. Rest of the world (like America etc), its a "z"

Couple UK sources below:

https://www.ukfinance.org.uk/news-and-insight/blogs/defi-and-decentralisation

https://www.pwc.co.uk/services/fore...d-be-the-future-of-decentralised-finance.html

Last edited:
•••
•••
What would be the actual value of this domain in your opinion?
I still want to suggest X,XXX (4 figure range), with a buyer that appreciates it. To be optimistic, the "z" could still be viewed as a good thing, for overseas customers looking at it, regardless of the UK ideal "s"...its what they're most familiar with. That's why I don't want to be too harsh on it, I think there's always a different perspective, from the way people view things, or intend to utilise the brand. IMO

PS “Utilize” is American English, “Utilise” is British English (hehe)

Last edited:
•••
Makes sense buddy.

Last edited:
•••
I still want to suggest X,XXX (4 figure range), with a buyer that appreciates it. To be optimistic, the "z" could still be viewed as a good thing, for overseas customers looking at it, regardless of the UK ideal "s"...its what they're most familiar with. That's why I don't want to be too harsh on it, I think there's always a different perspective, from the way people view things, or intend to utilise the brand. IMO

PS “Utilize” is American English, “Utilise” is British English (hehe)
Makes sense buddy.

What about foreclosures.co.uk?
Estibot value : $57,000

•••
•••
Don't listen to online valuations. Regarding that domain: Yes, its strong
Value according to you? Since you're a british

•••
Value according to you? Since you're a british
Yes. In this case, the word "foreclosure" is universally spelt that way, with no "z" involved

Last edited:
•••
Yes. In this case, the word "foreclosure" is universally spelt that way, with no "z" involved
So, the letter "s" at the end decreases it's value?

•••
So, the letter "s" at the end decreases it's value?
Depends. I would maybe give the edge to "foreclosure", but I wouldn't rule out the plural of that word at all...still strong. I say "depends" because whoever is buying is a factor

To keep it simple: If you had "prestige car dot com" and "prestige cars dot com", I'd probably give the edge to the plural here. The buyer may be a dealership, or a brand showcasing cars...they want the "cars", not "car"...they aren't dealing in a "car", they want it expanded being "cars" for their ideal. You can use your imagination as to why a plural situation may be preferred, depending on who's buying

Last edited:
•••
👍

Last edited:
•••
Depends. I would maybe give the edge to "foreclosure", but I wouldn't rule out the plural of that word at all...still strong. I say "depends" because whoever is buying is a factor

To keep it simple: If you had "prestige car dot com" and "prestige cars dot com", I'd probably give the edge to the plural here. The buyer may be a dealership, or a brand showcasing cars...they want the "cars", not "car"...they aren't dealing in a "car", they want it expanded being "cars" for their ideal. You can use your imagination as to why a plural situation may be preferred, depending on who's buying
Understandable.
Could you still give me an estimated value?

•••
It's a nice domain but it's super ugly to see an american spelling with .uk. Hard sell, but I'd hold onto it, some american in the uk might want it. I'd price it at $1500 and take offers.

•••
RE: Foreclosures - I think here in the UK the more popular route is repossession / repossess the property rather than the foreclosure route which usually requires getting the courts permission and something that is quite hard to get approved

It's something to do with difference in payment rights to the person paying the mortgage provider once the property has been sold

Not to say it does not have value - Solicitor's, claim companies, Auction Houses could be interested.....

Quite niche here the UK......probably worth a few quid to the right person/company

Last edited:
•••
Decentralized.co.uk = low-xxxx to High-xxxx
Foreclosures.co.uk = Mid-xxxx to Low-xxxxx

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back