Dynadot

Dating site affiliates - Whose the best?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I am looking for an affiliate for a Dating site, anyone know of a good one that has
proven results?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you're looking for general/mainstream sites, Perfect Match and E Harmony both pay. There are also some niche sites. Cupid has a lot of sites for UK/IE traffic.

Dating has a big payout (when it converts), but it's lost a lot of ground to social sites in recent years. Also a lot of sites have merged, gone to "white label only" or "select affiliates only" policies in the last couple of years so there aren't as many to choose from as there used to be.

Last edited:
•••
check out datinggold.com, they do whitelabels also.

•••
Hi this is interesting.

Are we talking about affiliates that are good to include on dating sites, or affiliates that offer ads to put on any site to lead people off it to sign up on a dating site? Or white label services that supply the backend and data?

What about AFF - they seem to have a lot of dating affiliates, but looking around there seems to be some unhappiness and doubt about actually getting paid by them.

•••
I am looking for an affiliate for a Dating site, anyone know of a good one that has
proven results?

I used Adult Date Link. If you ask me they are the best they pay and don't shave(how I know they dont shave? I used CL). I never had any problem with them.

•••
I used Adult Date Link. If you ask me they are the best they pay and don't shave(how I know they dont shave? I used CL). I never had any problem with them.

Thanks but not looking for Adult related content/sites.

Thanks for the other comments and suggestions folks, I still have
not found one I like :(

@carob, I'd like to be able to have a banner/ad box
[which I can make myself if need be] but to place on other sites
as well for a referral - but I want a complete website affiliate type,
pop it up and off it goes ;)

•••
Can someone explain commission shaving?

What I'd like to find is something that actually pays out for ads or clicks on ads placed in a sidebar or maybe banner on a site that has dating or adult friendly content and traffic already.

•••
Can someone explain commission shaving?

What I'd like to find is something that actually pays out for ads or clicks on ads placed in a sidebar or maybe banner on a site that has dating or adult friendly content and traffic already.

Commission shaving is when company steals conversions from you, ex. you generate 100 sign ups today, but your company only shows 80 sign ups. Thats shaving.

Dating companies wont pay for clicks. I think you should look for pay per impression companies.

•••
Dating companies wont pay for clicks. I think you should look for pay per impression companies.

That might work, do you know of any?
When I google [ I get some strange results ] but nothing about
pay per impression.

•••

Medley (FriendFinder etc.) lets you opt for pay-per-click, but there are a lot of conditions in their terms which let them deny payment and/or switch you to a different payout model if they don't like your traffic quality.

Pay per impression would be CPM - I don't know of any offhand, but try looking under that. If your traffic is really good and you can prove it, you may be able to work out a CPM deal or paid ad placement (a flat fee per month/year/etc.) arrangement with someone.

•••
That might work, do you know of any?
When I google [ I get some strange results ] but nothing about
pay per impression.

Honestly no, i know adbrite used to pay impressions they pay pennies.

I googled for you and got few results:
valueclick.com
TrafficMP.com

But I have to tell you, I know nothing about them.
Before you use them, google them

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
I would check out cj.com the biggest affiliate network out there. They have the major dating ones like:

match.com
eharmony
chemistry.com
perfectmatch.com

etc.

Look under the Matchmaking category, they have 36 different dating/matchmaking merchants. Should be able to find what you're looking for there.

•••
what is white label?

Cheers
Corey

•••
what is white label?

Cheers
Corey

Kind of like a cobrand. Where the content is the same/pretty much the same and you might add your own domain/name to it. As an example, check out makesparties.com. You can pretty much forget about search engine traffic. Unless it's an addition to a site you have that might be already getting traffic.

•••
Hey, I'm on a dating site called Quiverz. A friend of mine introduced me to it, went to one of their events last night at Bunga Bunga - was so much fun! I've been on the site for around 1 month now and all is going really well!

•••
Most of these have a minimum level you have to reach to get a payout, so I wonder if you can really reach that with these, and if they pay out. The problem is it can take a long time to hit the minimum level and then get paid, or not get paid.

The negative stuff I read about AFF said just before you hit the $50 threshold for payout, they change what commission scheme you're signed up to, so you don't reach the threshold. And yes, their TOS do allow them to do that, I checked.

I actually once tried to sign up to AFF and they never sent me a confirmation email or login, so I guess I wasn't grown up enough for them.

•••
Thanks for the suggestions, I think I'll go a different route :)

@carob, nothing like filling in all the personal details and they just "disappear" eh...
scary feeling wondering where that info went :|

As for the changes, that is part of the reason I won't use CJ as JB Lions suggested above.
Due to a sudden enforcement of a policy after 5 years as a member without seeing it.

•••
There is also another option - you could consider buying a script and launching your own dating site...

•••
The negative stuff I read about AFF said just before you hit the $50 threshold for payout, they change what commission scheme you're signed up to, so you don't reach the threshold. And yes, their TOS do allow them to do that, I checked.

AFF is part of Medley (a bunch of sites, not all adult-oriented though most are). I've been an affiliate of theirs for years, and I *have* gotten paid regularly all along, but its complicated:

First, they have traffic quality requirements - you need to have 1 in every x visits sign up and for some payout structures, you need to have at least 1 in every x number of signups be a paid membership. (And that's the part where they can switch you from either PPC or Per Order to the Percent plan if you don't meet the requirements. Especially enforced if you're on the PPC plan - it's an attempt to discourage click fraud.)

Second, payment thresholds are separated by product and how the money was earned. For example, earning $20 from site A and $30 from site B does not count as meeting your $50 threshold. Or if you only promote one site and get $10 from PPC, $30 from per-order and $10 from the percentage plan, that won't do it either. (My advice: Select either percent or per-order, avoid PPC. Just takes one Per-order signup for a payout.)

Last but not least, there's their affiliate management team, who approve payouts each month. Let's say some of them are more competent than others, and who you get managing your account is potluck. If you end up with one of the bad ones, well, good luck!

There is also another option - you could consider buying a script and launching your own dating site...

If you're going to do that, go VERY "niche" and be prepared to put a lot of work into it.

Last edited:
•••
I don't know if it belongs to a "super affiliate" (so to speak). But the Spark Networks program has a bunch of singles sites targeted towards different races: African-Americans, Asians, Jews, Latins, etc. As far as diversity goes, the program seems like an interesting option.
spark.net/affiliate.htm

•••
Thanks for the suggestion, Not sure if I'd want to tackle
something like that, seems like it would be beyond what I'm able to do.

I don't know if it belongs to a "super affiliate" (so to speak). But the Spark Networks program has a bunch of singles sites targeted towards different races: African-Americans, Asians, Jews, Latins, etc. As far as diversity goes, the program seems like an interesting option.
spark.net/affiliate.htm

Thanks I will look at that :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back