IT.COM

Dan - Am I not doing it right?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Robert27

Established Member
Impact
Hi there , some advice please. Anyone had success on Dan? I have not been doing this long but I have nearly 400 domains there and nothing back, no enquiries, zilch. I do get views.

Any tips for Dan? I have mostly make an offer and some low priced doms. I have ticked most of the boxes, pay by crypto, instalments etc. Not even an enquiry.

I havnt ticked Rent or Price request though.

cheers
Bob

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sold many domains at DAN. It takes time, the right names and the right price. Lower priced domains of course have higher chance of selling. 400 names, per average stats, you should be selling at least 4 in a year.

Goes without saying- add all names to Afternic as well. Good luck that first good sale never know when its coming.

•••
cheers Karmaco - can you give me an idea of what sort of price range I should use? Should I always put a price or just make an offer do you think?

•••
Same with me on dan. 9 months..no sale no offer...while made 4 sales via afternic even when lenders are with dan. Now changed all lenders to afternic

•••
The most important factor is the quality of the domains and if there's a demand for them. I have domains listed on dan and I'm getting offers almost daily but 99% are low ball offers which is kind of annoying.

Good luck

•••
Experiencing the same... Used to sell a lot on Dan, but nothing lately... sold 2 on afternic last month

•••
Perhaps only other domainers go on Dan to try and get something less than retail. Hence the views and no sales/low offers.

•••
Dan seems to do alright by me, Nothing special but consistantly around $10k per year in sales (all hand reg over many years)..
If your selling low-priced domains then there is nothing that you can do better than get straight to the buy-now price. Don't bother with all the pricing options..

All you can really do is check that a sample of your domains is resolving correctly. occasionally I do switch between Sedo and Dan if things go quiet for 6 months or more

Last edited:
•••
Many thanks - good to hear someone has sales on Dan.

•••
I sold 2k+ domains using dan landers.

•••
well everyone knows most never get sales or offers even...from dan market direct. unlike sedo..gd..

but dan landers work fine..so does add lead

•••
well everyone knows most never get sales or offers even...from dan market direct. unlike sedo..gd..

but dan landers work fine..so does add lead
Add lead ?

•••
I sold 2k+ domains using dan landers.
Hi - the Dan landers look fine to me (novice) but, if you dont mind me asking, are your sales on Dan or elsewhere? I think there could be a difference ?

Last edited:
•••
Hi - the Dan landers look fine to me (novice) but, if you dont mind me asking, are your sales on Dan or elsewhere? I think there could be a difference ?
What do you mean ?

•••
I may have misunderstood, so sales on Dan. Cheers

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back