Domain Empire

Cybersquatter wants $2million from Britney Spears

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
An online joker has registered Britney Spears' son's name as a website - and is demanding $2million for it on eBay.

The mystery joker has legally acquired the domain name www.seanprestonfederline.com and is now trying to sell it back to the pop beauty, and her husband Kevin Federline, on the popular internet auction site.

At present, Britney is reportedly unaware of the stunt but the unusual sale is already attracting a host of bids. Britney herself is auctioning a host of personal possessions on eBay to raise money for victims of Hurricane Katrina.

Read more

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
link to the ebay auction?

•••
Let's hope the proceeds of the sale (if it goes through) will go to the hurricane victims

•••
I've not found this domain on eBay....

•••
I actually thought about registering this domain while it was open, but decided against it...

•••
Wise thing IMHO
Nowadays the rich and the famous are not too inclined to open up their wallets.. they send the lawyers :p

•••
Mr Muktar , Needs the money . So he can learn to create an imaginative park page. Something a lot better than the one seanprestonfederline.com has now.
I especially liked the 468*60 Banner Graphic at the Bottom of the page.

•••
HHhAaa, IF he sell it for 2Millions I'm gonna go crazy!

•••
It won't sell IMO. It will be sued for...

•••
•••
So, where is the link to the ebay auction? :) Or eBay closed this auction already? :)

•••
Whats the link to the auction for the domain name?

•••
its abusd....he may get sued....if he really sell it for 2 miilions...i jumped off my building...lol..

•••
Could they really sue for the name? I mean if he wasn't trying to sell it to them for 2 mill. It's not like the name is trademarked. Who knows

•••
There is not only one boy name sean preston so how can she shue him. neither is the name a trade mark of a registered as copy right. If someone has registered a domain which was available and no one else had claimed it, why should they be sued for it? But ofcourse if the intentions arnt good, then its really pathetic. But honestly, who wants a domain for 2M :p

•••
As what I know Britney knows about it but does not prefer to react. But all the situation looks like a simple mob.

•••
haiz....good luck for his sale for his 2 milllion...if i were britney spears.i wont evn bother for that..

•••
I hope it does sell and he keeps the money... as far as suing no way... the name is not TM ... you could probably get in some trouble with the .name extension if that is not your name but just for the name and the .com no way nothing illegal... now if they TM it then probably so ... but good for him.....

•••
All i can say is good luck :)

•••
that amazes me.... some people's kids....

•••
i would like to see the auction link too.

•••
Reprobate said:
An online joker has registered Britney Spears' son's name as a website - and is demanding $2million for it on eBay.

The mystery joker has legally acquired the domain name www.seanprestonfederline.com and is now trying to sell it back to the pop beauty, and her husband Kevin Federline, on the popular internet auction site.

At present, Britney is reportedly unaware of the stunt but the unusual sale is already attracting a host of bids. Britney herself is auctioning a host of personal possessions on eBay to raise money for victims of Hurricane Katrina.

Read more

if it was regged before the baby was born then its ok I think

•••
If the name was needed then it would have been registered on her behalf. Why should she need a website for her babies name? Also, the domain name is really only of some use once the baby comes of an age that he actually starts doing stuff with his life, or becomes majorly famous.

Sure enough when the time comes, they may look into the domain name, and acquire it if it is so required.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back