domain CSS3.ninja Appraisal

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

ParkerT

Established Member
Impact
I am not familiar with the .ninja market and would love your opinions.
I was willing to take the risk seeing as I am a front-end developer and could use the domain even if it lacked value.

Thanks,
Parker

P.S. I do believe HTML5.ninja is on the market for $825. (Not saying that is realistic.)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Welcome to NP

$0

There is no market for any of these new extensions, stick to .COM when starting out in this game

I do believe HTML5.ninja is on the market for $825

Just because its on the market for that, doesnt mean it will sell for that

To give you an idea...

GoogleAdService.com is on Ebay for $595,000 as well, he wont sell then for $2.99

collectables.com.au is available for $350,000???

•••
True, domain is a bit useless to any enduser.
True, domains are put up for sale every day that will never sell at the price asked.
Just go to the domains for sale forum here and you will see a lot of those.

•••
Welcome to NP

$0

There is no market for any of these new extensions, stick to .COM when starting out in this game

Just because its on the market for that, doesnt mean it will sell for that

To give you an idea...

GoogleAdService.com is on Ebay for $595,000 as well, he wont sell then for $2.99

collectables.com.au is available for $350,000???

I understand where your coming from but I believe your lack of belief in new TLDs is silly. With the lack of availability of .com's, it will be forgotten as the #1 domain. It is truly inevitable.
I recommend you read this article: no_url_shorteners/bjLV8D

As for the price of html5.ninja, I agree it will likely never sell at that (nor will many other domains).

•••
•••
To paraphrase the article I posted, the purpose of a business is to fill an unmet gap. The com industry is failing the consumer and no longer meeting that unmet gap. The com provided a widely know extension for a brand but, with lack of availability and the ridiculous rates being requested by domain investors the moving in of new TLDs is inevitable.

•••
Still, your domain is not worth it.
End of story.

•••
I understand where your coming from but I believe your lack of belief in new TLDs is silly. With the lack of availability of .com's, it will be forgotten as the #1 domain. It is truly inevitable.
I recommend you read this article: no_url_shorteners/bjLV8D

As for the price of html5.ninja, I agree it will likely never sell at that (nor will many other domains).

Who? You just linked to some random person on the internet, one who happens to be a Name.com employee. A company in the business of selling domains, especially the new ones. Saying ridiculous stuff like - "The .COM domain is starting to fail the consumer"

It's worth whatever you can sell if for, problem is there really isn't much of a market for it.

I checked .ninja sales, only found 2 at Namebio and dnprices

travel.ninja - $2,300
security.ninja - $1,525

and those were both in June and July of last year, 2014

nothing in the last year

Last edited:
•••
Still, your domain is not worth it.
End of story.

Never once did I say MY domain was worth anything. The main reason why I am here was to get an opinon, but I refuse to let you belittle a sector of the of the domain market that will inevitably rise.

•••
I feel this name is quite good, there is a lots of web designer runing their own portfolio sites/blog seeking cool/geek name, this one make sense to them...and ,it can be also use for a CSS3 tutorial site.....or a combination...

•••
A great name for someone who can use it / build it out. Could see it being a great code sample website.

As an appraisal value? I'd set a starting price at $99.

•••
A great name for someone who can use it / build it out. Could see it being a great code sample website.

As an appraisal value? I'd set a starting price at $99.

I heavily appreciate both of your input. I do too see this going to someone who is savvy in the world of web design and/or development.

•••
I understand where your coming from but I believe your lack of belief in new TLDs is silly

You may think my opinion is "silly" but go back and look at every other new extension thread in the last 10 years and you will see lots of other domainers who have been around the block say the same thing, then have a look at where that extension is it today.....every single one has faded away..

If you have a look at the new extensions threads, and just have a look at all the people registering the domains, 99% of them joined in 2014 or 2015, that must tell you something....all hoping for the "big" score that happens straight away, I can assure you there isn't one person on here that has achieved that. Fous on aftermarket or dropping names in .COM and do your research on possible end-users before even buying the name, at least you know the potential when you do buy the name. Buying a name and then realising there are no possible buyers is a waste of money

Just some advice that will save you money, having just joined this week, you really shouldn't be registering any names until you have read through this forum for at least a few months, noone can get an idea on what names sell in a few days

Check the sale on nameboi and dnjournal

Just trying to help...good luck

Last edited:
•••
Just some advice that will save you money, having just joined this week, you really shouldn't be registering any names until you have read through this forum for at least a few months, noone can get an idea on what names sell in a few days

I must agree with this poster. Very good advice.

Good luck ParkerT with your domain. Advice from myself is research / research / research and then research some more ;)

Stick with dot com until you really know what you are doing.

Best,
Paul

•••
Resell value $0
If you can develop it and have the time to, it will do just as most domains would.

•••
I think the 3 kills it. Your best hope is someone is writing a book with that exact title and the .com is too expensive for them. (hey, maybe you can write the book!)

i think css.ninja would be worth a couple of hundred.

•••
I agree with Beezy, css.ninja may have some value in the future but the 3 in your name kills it.

•••
You may think my opinion is "silly" but go back and look at every other new extension thread in the last 10 years and you will see lots of other domainers who have been around the block say the same thing, then have a look at where that extension is it today.....every single one has faded away...

I truly appreciate your advice and will definitely take advantage of it. I just want to say, like I posted in the OP, this domain was more of a me purchase I really did not buy it with intent to sell and more as something for me,

Again though, I do appreciate you taking the time to help a new guy.

Best,
Parker

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back