IT.COM

services Compete.com shuts down

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I guess I missed this piece of news. At some point I used this site very often to find out traffic volume of popular sites.

Here is what they say about the suspension of their service:

Thank you from the Compete team
As of December 31, 2016, Compete.com and the Compete PRO platform have been shut down. It has been an honor and pleasure to serve you over the past 15 years and we thank you for your patronage. It’s our sincere hope that our data and services have helped you to grow your business.

Thank you for your support,
The Compete team

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yeah, they have been absorbed by SimilarWeb

•••
yea, a great resource, I used them too over the years. Its unbelievable that they are shutting down. IMO - a good example of leadership sleeping at the wheel. Don't mean to sound like a total a$$ - but over the years, these guys had plenty of opportunities to sell, but they did not. The bag gets heavier - the lower you hold it. I mostly say this - to hear myself say it; as I tend to falsely believe in the "turnaround" of things....

•••
•••
Their prices were nuts, even for SEO data.

•••
At some point I used this site very often to find out traffic volume of popular sites.
Same with me. Now we have to settle for SimilarWeb, Quantcast, and Alexa.

None of them are as good as Compete. :(

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back