NameSilo

.com Is Better?

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

a1nerd

Established Member
Impact
3
I know I have posted this before but I'm about to spend allot of money on optimization. I'm debating on transferring my site to a .com name. I've done searches for a multitude of keywords and all I see is .org and .com

Now if I move my site will I get busted for duplicate content since my .info will have the same content as my .com?
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Unstoppable Domains — AI StorefrontUnstoppable Domains — AI Storefront
You won't get a duplicate content issue if you actually move it, not having the same content on two individual domains.
 
0
•••
So I would have to take down the other domain name with the same content? What if I do a redirection to the new site with the old domain name? I'm using Godaddy to redirect the traffic from my old site to my new site.


Damion said:
You won't get a duplicate content issue if you actually move it, not having the same content on two individual domains.
 
0
•••
a1nerd said:
So I would have to take down the other domain name with the same content? What if I do a redirection to the new site with the old domain name? I'm using Godaddy to redirect the traffic from my old site to my new site.

Yes, redirecting should be perfectly fine ;)
 
0
•••
0
•••
0
•••
A permanent 301 redirect should remedy your problem.
 
0
•••
I use the godaddy . I don't think the .com is better .
 
0
•••
Mrcat right. and I think that iut is site migration issue not choosing right provider.
Good luck.
 
0
•••
just redirect the .info to .com
that would be fine.
a1nerd said:
I know I have posted this before but I'm about to spend allot of money on optimization. I'm debating on transferring my site to a .com name. I've done searches for a multitude of keywords and all I see is .org and .com

Now if I move my site will I get busted for duplicate content since my .info will have the same content as my .com?
 
0
•••
So I think everything give you same advice you guy, just simply follow what they tell you. lol
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back