Dynadot

*****.com - Domains with traffic develop, sell or keep?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Naming

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Hi,

I recently got a domain *****.com with massive traffic got 1,7k visits for 3 days.
Should i develop it or sell?
It was pointed to blogger before
Screenshot_20231216_071216_Samsung Internet.jpg

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you were going to develop it you would need to clean up the backlink profile....

It currently has a spam score of 18% (Moz) which is pretty high - this is going to hurt your rankings and might even dissuade potential buyers of the domain itself.......

Looking at the profile - you probably need to disavow/get rid of 20% - 25% of the links

If you have it parked and it's generating a bit of revenue I'd leave it as is for now and just do some research into the backlinks......

Last edited:
•••
If you were going to develop it you would need to clean up the backlink profile....

It currently has a spam score of 18% (Moz) which is pretty high - this is going to hurt your rankings and might even dissuade potential buyers of the domain itself.......

Looking at the profile - you probably need to disavow/get rid of 20% - 25% of the links

If you have it parked and it's generating a bit of revenue I'd leave it as is for now and just do some research into the backlinks......
You should have a clear understanding about MOZ spam score before referencing it. This is taken directly from this MOZ article..

A score of 1%-30% is considered a Low Spam Score.
and
Spam Score - Represents the percentage of sites with similar features we've found to be penalized or banned by Google. This does not mean that the site is spammy. It’s best to use this is a guide to potentially spammy sites for further investigation.

As for the OP - Have you been able to verify the traffic? Are you able to get any of the old content which you could throw back up there? If it had search engine traffic then getting that content back up there could mean not losing those rankings (or getting them back). You could throw Wordpress on there, visit the Archive.org machine, grab the text, maybe get some of your own pictures, and then have at least a temporary site up which wouldn't take much work/effort and try to see if the traffic is really worth developing a whole new site around.

•••
You should have a clear understanding about MOZ spam score before referencing it. This is taken directly from this MOZ article..

and

As for the OP - Have you been able to verify the traffic? Are you able to get any of the old content which you could throw back up there? If it had search engine traffic then getting that content back up there could mean not losing those rankings (or getting them back). You could throw Wordpress on there, visit the Archive.org machine, grab the text, maybe get some of your own pictures, and then have at least a temporary site up which wouldn't take much work/effort and try to see if the traffic is really worth developing a whole new site around.
And instead of providing an article on a range of what is good and bad according to Moz maybe you should take a look at the domain link profile......which is from Moz

9.1% of their links are in the 61% - 100% range
15.7% of their links are in the 31% - 60% range

When around a quarter of your backlink profile is classified as spammy you are going to run into problems with ranking.....

So instead of going all gung ho and chucking up a site it would be worth the OP's time to look and clean up those backlinks before launching anything.....

Edit:

Just as a reference point my site has a spam score of 3%

Last edited:
•••
nothing indexed no valueable backlinks so traffic source is unknown if i was in your position i would sell before it dies down

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back