Watch

symboldomain

Account Closed
Impact
Hi guys,

Your appraisal would be very welcome :)

Cheers,

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Reg fee again.
There are 59M baidu results and seemingly no monthly searches on Baidu for this word. There is no advertising on baidu.

On google.cn, there is no advertising either, and the google keyword tool shows no advertising competition. There are 322M results on google though.

This is a non-commercial domain.

•••
mkellerman said:
Reg fee again.
There are 59M baidu results and seemingly no monthly searches on Baidu for this word. There is no advertising on baidu.

On google.cn, there is no advertising either, and the google keyword tool shows no advertising competition. There are 322M results on google though.

This is a non-commercial domain.

Again -

It's a important keyword, but not a commercial term.
Not commercial term DO NOT meaning non-commercial!

•••
@whonet: good point! this domain could have various uses even if the term is not commercial

•••
traditional chinese is quite different from simplified chinese, if it's 发现, I would say it worth sth.

•••
edenCC said:
traditional chinese is quite different from simplified chinese, if it's 发现, I would say it worth sth.
No, I'm pretty sure with .cn this mapping is handled automatically.發現.cn and 发现.cn are the same domain (Someone correct me if I am wrong)

This is also the case with Chinese .biz domains. The domain will resolve for both traditional and simplified Chinese. Unfortunately .net and .com IDNs are a mess -- if either traditional OR simplified Chinese is registered, the other cannot ever be registered and will not resolve.

•••
Hey guys, thanks for the discussion and the great insights! Much appreciated...

•••
mkellerman said:
No, I'm pretty sure with .cn this mapping is handled automatically.發現.cn and 发现.cn are the same domain (Someone correct me if I am wrong)

This is also the case with Chinese .biz domains. The domain will resolve for both traditional and simplified Chinese. Unfortunately .net and .com IDNs are a mess -- if either traditional OR simplified Chinese is registered, the other cannot ever be registered and will not resolve.

Yes - that's all correct

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back