Dynadot

"China Uses IDNS For Primary Sites!!!"

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Yes, and if anyone still doubt's that china isn't serious about this needs to take a long hard look at this.

Explorer Link.

FireFox Link.

Site's courtesy of the Chinese Government.

Happy New Year to all of you.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Many sites have IDN names not for use only for protect the name not regged by other people.

•••
It just looks like squiggles to me...

•••
Many sites have IDN names not for use only for protect the name not regged by other people.

Huh?

It just looks like squiggles to me...

Yes, you have a very Eurocentric view of a large portion of the world.

•••
Sarcle.com said:
Yes, you have a very Eurocentric view of a large portion of the world.
And IDN speculators are on the mission to transform us all into *Chinocentric*, *Japanocentric*, and *Indocentric*....Really, you guys need to apperciate that vast majority of members on 3 major domain forums are not into IDNs, don't really have knowledge how to go about them intelligently, and hence cannot relate to your enthusiasm in any meaningful manner...yet over these last several days you keep on flooding the forums with all these *exciting* news about IDNs, which honestly are irrelevant to most regular domainers. Guess had to say it...its a tough job to call it as it is, but somone has to do it !

•••
It's a good thing I know now you speak for the majority.

Someone seems to care.

Link

I will also add this little blub on a site that maybe you heard of. DnJournal.com
Recently, multilingual domain names are becoming popular in China. This allows users to register not only domain cn, domain.com, domain.org but also 中文.cn, 中文.com, 中文.org are valid.

Last edited:
•••
•••
yesonline said:
I think its major is www.beijing.gov.cn and the IDN domain is just for redirection.

This is true, despite Chinese IDN domains are open to register around 5 years ago. There are millions of Chinese who don't know english or hard to remember alphebets, and IDNs are for them not for young people who know English more or less.
But I didn't see anything wrong Sacle.com giving us such a report. Some people like .info, some others prefer .us which you cannot blame them on. Actually being a professional domainer, you should know what's going on in your business world.

Last edited:
•••
Binfus is honest, thanks for sharing with us the fact that "general" domainers still manage to miss this wordly opportunity because of a pure unwillingness to expand their knowledge.
Why don't you just ASK, you think people are sharing their enthusiasm because they have a special DN mental disorder, you said it; you can't go about intelligently, they're are just squiggles on the screen for you but there are thousands of people who can go about it intelligently and there are hundreds of millions who see those squiggles as ABC.
People who know and understand IDN do appreciate it at least to the extent that they acknowledge the potential, that should have initiated some curiosity with the "general" domainers. I am also a general domainer though, an investor and IDN is just an opportunity, I don't "pray" it will be successful, I estimate it.

•••
Binfus said:
And IDN speculators are on the mission to transform us all into *Chinocentric*, *Japanocentric*, and *Indocentric*....Really, you guys need to apperciate that vast majority of members on 3 major domain forums are not into IDNs, don't really have knowledge how to go about them intelligently, and hence cannot relate to your enthusiasm in any meaningful manner...yet over these last several days you keep on flooding the forums with all these *exciting* news about IDNs, which honestly are irrelevant to most regular domainers. Guess had to say it...its a tough job to call it as it is, but somone has to do it !

I do not see a problem with "flooding" the forums with idn related news, especially since the forums have been "flooded" in the past with .be posts or discussions about other presently insignificant extensions. :imho: The fact of the matter is that a topic will not always be exciting to everyone that views it. Solution: Don't click on the link.

•••
•••
中文.com
Google register a IDN"咕果.com".

•••
lol ppl are missing the IDN wave............ as they say see ya guys later :) we'll have bags of $$ waiting for ya.

•••
Just interested what ppl will do when ICANN makes their root servers understand non-latin symbols in domain names?

•••
IDN's have to be converted somewhere down the line, programming languages simply can't interpret 99% of the characters whether ICANN likes it or not.
The punycode represents the code of interpretation, the root-software can only use this code to process the name. The root-servers understand IDN by conversion, that principle will remain so.

If there's some practical necessity to change the location or the type of name conversion then it seems only fair they implement it with conservation of the whois.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back