Dynadot

.co Cheapest .CO Transfers?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Where are the cheapest .CO transfers with or without coupons?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
domainbox (mesh digital, they own domainmonster) 20.75
they dont support acc changes (push) for some reason so transferred names are locked up for 60 days but with .co one is rarely in a hurry
good tv renewal/transfer prices too. coms are 8.78, tons of tlds supported, many are competitively priced as well

•••
Mesh digital own Domain Monster - they are very dishonest stay away from them.
I almost sued them.
Namecheap is not bad and they have great customer service.

•••
Mesh digital own Domain Monster - they are very dishonest stay away from them.
I almost sued them.
Namecheap is not bad and they have great customer service.

Can you explain very generally the nature of your bad experience?

I've had one bad issue with them, but after I contacted them it was sorted out(and they refunded me 700+$)

•••
I noticed 1&1 has .co transfers for $9.99 USD, does anyone else have a good price for transfers?

•••
•••
•••
I would avoid using 1&1 if I were you, that awful reputation says enough about them really.

•••
any .co transfer suggestions for 2016? )

•••
•••
İ avoid 1&1 based on reviews.

I don't mind saving, as long as I don't risk loss of domains, time etc. and don't encourage bad business practices.

•••
NPs, there are a lot of other registrars.
Regarding me - never read any reviews, just using them since 2009... did xxx transfers already.

•••
@Jurgen Wolf - You must be a very tolerant person. Their control panel barely functions. If you transfer away, you also have the close the domain hosting, or the credit card will be charged again for the renewal. Support is from 5 year olds. I cannot think of a worse registrar to use. If you register a domain, it takes about a week before you can actually use it. If you transfer a domain within 1and1 the one receiving the domain has to pay for a renewal, even if it's not due. But that's ok. It seems you've managed to work around all these foibles to your satisfaction. Good for you. I dislike them so much I won't buy a domain, if it is registered at 1and1.

•••
Yes, bulk functions are absent there.
And you need to use cancel.1and1.com to really cancel your domain(s) or whole contract.
Regarding registration - never had such problems, ~instantly when adding the domain(s) into existent package/contract, max. a few hours when ordering into new pack.
I don't use their internal moves, transfer-out only.
And even when I had some billing issues - they were resolved for me by their Billing team.

Last edited:
•••
And the most important: I use PayPal only.

•••
Their billing is counting from Order date yearly, WHOIS-dates of your domains don't matter at all for 1and1.

•••
Namesilo - $22.49

I would never ever use 1and1, even if they had free transfers. Not worth the headache.

•••
Using 20+ registrars...
And I can say definitely: there are no ideal registrars... each of them has own pluses and minuses.

•••
Agree with that. But some are much better than others. More pluses and less minuses ;)

Actually, I'm a tad surprised you use so many registrars. I use only 2 on a regular basis, plus GoDaddy. Although I have accounts with probably 40 registrars. Almost all empty.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Agree with that. But some are much better than others. More pluses and less minuses ;)

Actually, I'm a tad surprised you use so many registrars. I use only 2 on a regular basis, plus GoDaddy. Although I have accounts with probably 40 registrars. Almost all empty.
Because ~1.1K domains (various TLDs)...
On a regular basis I use ~10 registrars...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back