Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 1, 2026.

Charity Ribbons..

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Sabre

First Time Poster!Top Member
Impact
629
Just wondered if the charity ribbons are still go?

I was about to buy one, then realised that I wasn't sure if the money was still pooled and went to the charity in question.

:wave:
 
1
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Just wondered if the charity ribbons are still go?

I was about to buy one, then realised that I wasn't sure if the money was still pooled and went to the charity in question.

:wave:

The charity ribbons are still there but the actual system itself hasn't been used since 2007 / 2008 I think. The way it used to be done was the NP$ used to purchase the ribbons was then later auctioned off for Paypal cash, it was then that paypal cash that was divided amongst charities evenly when donated. That system / procedure hasn't been in use for many years though.

Eventually we may hold another NP$ auction with all the charity NP$ in the charity holdings account. Not sure when that will be yet though.

Eric Lyon
 
1
•••
Ah, right.

If the system is effectively defunct because of the situation with the NP$ currency, it might make sense to make it not possible to buy them anymore - but obviously keep the ribbons people have already bought?

I would imagine that the longer the NP$ auction is left, the lower the values that will go to charity :td:

Would be great to see another charity auction - would be happy to help out :)

:wave:
 
2
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back