Not open for further replies.

Crypto2020

DnSphere.comTop Member
Impact
Any thoughts?

cashadvance.loans sold for $2500 in 2017 and .io seems to be more popular since

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
On the one hand you are right... your domain IS far more appealing than the other... and .io is pretty popular right now.

The main problem though is if you look at ALL .io domains sold in the last year... the majority were under 1,000... with many EXCELLENT one word domains being sold for under $400... or even $300...

This means that .io while popular for startups... is not great for resale.

Perhaps the main reason it is popular for startups is because startups do not have much money to spend on domains... lol :)

You might still be lucky... you COULD list it for $1,750 and hope... or you could list it for $750 and hope... but mainly... even more so than with normal domain sales... its not a super likely sale.

•••
Affiliate site is the best option, or don't renew.
Search Google for cash advance affiliate program.
As a DN trader/developer starting a cash advance website I'd probably register MoneyAdvancer/com, which is unregistered, for $10 and the Twitter is unregistered https://twitter.com/moneyadvancer.
Put yourself in the shoes of a buyer for MoneyAdvance.io - Why is it valuable to an end user? Do people trust .io? Why not just register another extension and save money?
Might sound harsh, but we're all students here!

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for the feedback @YourBestTrader and @MTB

@YourBestTrader

You are right most of the sales of .io is under $1000 but there are a few above and no harm in hoping for more. Plus as I handregged it so my cost price is low and even $500 sale would generate a good roi for me :)

I also have a nice one-word .io for startups in the Taxi\Cab Ride Booking space - Cabbie.io .. would like to hear your thoughts on it as well

@MTB

Why .io, cause it seems to be second most popular domain ext after .com right now, surpassing .net, .org and .co in appeal if not in valuations (others can chime in here.. this is just my gut feeling observing NP threads and broader sales but I could be wrong, have not done any hardcore research or number-crunching on it)

And some additional details for CashAdvance.io:

GD valuation: $4,376 (GD seems to be in the ballpark many times if you compare past sales to its valuations but again I take it with a pinch of salt)

Search volume: Broad 550,000 (cpc $11.12); Exact 60,500 (cpc $12.83)

•••
well ,personally i would only go and recommend single words for .io ,why because it looks cool and easy to sell.

•••
Why not develop a Website? It's not that hard.

•••
Why not develop a Website? It's not that hard.
thats up to the domain investor , here , most of the people here are domainers and not developers.

•••
Most people who grew up with Smartphones and many who didn't have the technical skills to create a website in Wordpress or Wix in a week if not less.

MOST domains are not worth much without a site, and it generates monthly revenue to cover the reg fee and hosting.

Therefore all appraisal requests I ask with or without a site?

•••
I agree with @leadnetwork that the domains in .io that are selling are predominantly one-word dictionary domains.

And @MTB does have a point that some domains would best be served by having a site on it. I'll dive deeper into this point...

There are over 100 data points that determine how valuable a domain is. Pareto's law says that only 20 of those points account for 80% of the price. And if applied again, only 4 points cover 80% of that price.

This is why most domainers who deal with large quantities of domains only look at a few data points to get the most accurate result in the least time.

If your domain doesn't check the boxes then the domain is deemed low value.

Some domains, like the one we are looking at, or even one of my friend's domains ArmyRifles.net is a good example... Looks great from the outside, but when you do comparables, search/cpc, rosener valuation, etc. The domains don't seem to be worth much.

They do however still look good, and fit a specific niche well.

These are domains that while domainers might not go for... And end users might not go for... Would sell very well with a website attached.

The reasoning is that websites come with their own datapoints... Traffic, conversions, earnings, rankings, etc. And if a site has a nice appropriate and brandable domain... all the better.

Last edited:
•••
GD valuation: $4,376 (GD seems to be in the ballpark many times if you compare past sales to its valuations but again I take it with a pinch of salt)

GD valuations are automated and based on a lot of old data.

•••
All of the top valuation tools should never be taken at face value. Not only do they wildly contradict each other and not come close to any decent human valuation, but they each have very different methods for arriving at that figure.

GoDaddy in particular is known for padding crappy domains, so a valuation of under 3k often means a domain is pretty much worthless.

Similarly I've got a domain valued by Estibot at $18,000 that I'll never see anything close to that for.

The only good use currently for an automated valuation is to see if there is anything you're missing about a domain... Like if you think it's crap, but have a funny feeling it might not be... Seeing an 8k valuation on a crappy domain doesn't mean it's worth 8k.. but it does mean you should research further before ruling it out.

Similarly it can help with choosing between two very similar domains if they are going to cost a similar amount and you only want one of them.

The other good use is if you are looking at hundreds or thousands of domains, it can bring to the top the ones with some potential, and save you time if your time is short.

•••
I think there is potential for CashAdvance/io but I can't see an end user without a site, traffic stats, etc. Estibot values at $640. Let's look further at the GoDaddy valuation on $4,276 - although I trust Estibot more* as it provides a lot more data and TENDS to show more reasonable DN values. GD is a $4.5 billion company according to Reuters and it's sole purpose is cash generation. Customer service has dipped in recent years and been offloaded to call centers in India which can sometimes cause communication problems. You have to really question if GD values the individual customer anymore?

GD lists the following related past sales for CashAdvance/io:
  • CashPoint/es ($4,174)
  • BitCoinExchange/io ($3,456)
  • CashAdvance/loans ($2,500)
  • CashExpress/co/uk ($2,170)
  • CashManager/ch ($1,398)
  • CashAdvances/co/uk ($1,267)
  • BitCoinCash/io ($1,000)
  • Cashflow/cc ($125)
  • CashOnline.co ($15)
Those domains in further detail from NameBio/com:
  • CashPoint/es ($4,174) - Sold $4,915 in 2015 on Sedo
  • BitCoinExchange/io ($3,456) - no data
  • CashAdvance/loans ($2,500) - Sold 2017 private sale
  • CashExpress/co/uk ($2,170) - Sold 2012 on Sedo
  • CashManager/ch ($1,398) - Sold $1,399 in 2011 on Sedo
  • CashAdvances/co/uk ($1,267) - no data
  • BitCoinCash/io ($1,000) - Sold 2017 on Flippa
  • Cashflow/cc ($125) - no data
  • CashOnline.co ($15) - no data
How is that reliable data to base a valuation on? Nothing from the past 2 years and we're nearly in 2020. Maybe someone has the full list of data points but from what I can see they include:
  • Similar past sales
  • Domain length
  • Extension
  • Keyword popularity (sales, not search engines)
  • Number of words
  • Language
  • Easy to remember
*The following message appears on the Estibot valuation tool "Unlike competing services which provide inflated appraisals for the purpose of selling domain registrations or increasing aftermarket bids, EstiBot's only interest is in providing a fair market value." - that's clearly aimed at GD!

•••
*The following message appears on the Estibot valuation tool "Unlike competing services which provide inflated appraisals for the purpose of selling domain registrations or increasing aftermarket bids, EstiBot's only interest is in providing a fair market value." - that's clearly aimed at GD!

I hadn't noticed that paragraph as I tend to avoid the automated valuation tools most of the time... hilarious dig at Godaddy though and they sum it up perfectly!

•••
@MTB

I don't know if building a website is my cup of tea (haven't built a single website in my life).. and its not just about building the website, I know there are many easy-to-use drag and drop web builders available these days... but beyond the actual website building there is content creation, hosting, aggregation; need to consider the look and feel of the website and user engagement aspects; seo and sm marketing; etc

So if anyone has done it in the past and all that comes naturally to them, yup building a quick website might add value to the domain but not for me... Maybe if you are really pro at it and don't mind sharing a 'quick and dirty' guide on building aff marketing site for beginners, I and other domainers here at np might give it a try ;)

@YourBestTrader

Hey you missed Cabbie.io… Any thoughts on this one-worder :)

Cabbie is already being used as a brand by taxi\cab companies and startups in their respective ccTLDs (specially in Europe).

http://cabbie.nl/
http://www.cabbie.be/
http://www.cabbie.fr/

•••
Honestly.. I don't know enough about .io domains.

I didn't go that way myself investing wise because demand just doesn't seem super high on the resale side of things.

It's a gamble and I do my best to sway my domaining as much as possible on the gamble/investment spectrum to the investing side... It's all on a spectrum though :)

•••
@MTB

Maybe if you are really pro at it and don't mind sharing a 'quick and dirty' guide on building aff marketing site for beginners, I and other domainers here at np might give it a try ;)

I'm not a pro, just do a lot of reading and testing.

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back