IT.COM

domain cardi.ac value?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

tragen

Impact
Trying to determine if I still want to hold this domain "cardi.ac" could be valuable to a heart doctor or pharmaceutical company.

Thoughts?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The value of "cardiac" sales at Namebio are low. Values of dot ac domains are also low. As an aside I love domain hacks. Cardi.ac imho is brandable. But it is a bit edgy for a doctor to have is use. Too bad Cardi B isn't Cardi Ac . . . :)

I think XX to another domainer is most probable. I think for a physician you could be looking at XXX maybe XXXX if you connect the name with a Cardiac group.

•••
This is, as @ExploitOdds noted a cute domain hack.

Is the renewal rate high @tragen? (I have never looked at .ac domain names).

I think it has possibilities for heart research group (but they mainly use subdomains of institutional domains), cardiac practice (but they tend to be traditional in choices), perhaps a cardiovascular fitness group (they might well like it, but probably don't have deep pockets) or an app that measures heart rate, etc. I sort of like the last application best for it, but they might go with .app (or .io or .tech or .com) and it is not that huge a market.

I would think sales prospects are not much different than the overall industry average of about 1 chance in 100 any one year. If to an end user I could see mid-high $$$ to low-mid $$$$. I guess renewal price determines if it is worth the risk. Let's say optimistically 3% chance per year to sell and $900 net from sale. That would suggest that at most you should pay $27 per year renewal to break even. If you use 1% it is $9.

I like the name, but.....

Best wishes for it. Welcome to NamePros!

Bob

PS Edit: And you idea of a pharmaceutical is of course possible as well, although I am not sure if they would go for a domain hack. But yes, another possibility.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Whilst the rationale part of me is saying it's got no real value, the other part of me is similar to the above posters in that it's quite a clever domain hack. Like @Bob Hawkes I'm not familiar with the renewal costs, so it's hard to say whether it's worth keeping. If they're low, I'd probably hang onto it and price competitively. But if they're high, I'd drop it like I was having a heart attack.

Now, thinking about it - card.io would be a great domain hack for the sporting / fitness sector! It's also seemingly owned by PayPal, doh!

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back