Cannot assign a function to JavaScript event

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

vilstewart

Established Member
Impact
1
Alright, well I am trying to assign a function to a JavaScript Event for a retrieved element.

I will explain with code first :

Code:
window.onload = function() {

    var divBox = document.getElementById(someid)
    var divBox.onclick = someOtherFunction(arg,arg)

}

function someOtherFunction(arga,argb){
    var anotherDiv = document.getElementById(someid)
        anotherDiv.style.color='blue'
}

If I attempt to do something similar to the above code, it executes 'someOtherFunction' rather than just setting the onclick event to the function with the proper arguments that I need to send it.

Any suggestions ? Thanks a lot guys :)
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back